Do you think that social media platforms have negative effect on the way people view the world?

Soumya Chaturvedi
29 replies

Replies

Nick Mazikov
It depends on what to read about. If you read our blog about development, web3, startups and funding, it will definitely benefit you :)
Binay Singh
Yes, to some extent!
Shreyanshi Gupta
Yes, they do. They hamper an individual's thought process and the way they view a certain situation.
Oliver Rani
Sometimes but we are also in control of who we follow and interact with!
Jason Andries
I personally think it all comes down to what you allow your algorithm to learn from you. It eventually builds on what you interact with and seem interested in, so it will show you more of that content. If you follow a lot of influencers that live the jet-set lifestyle you dream of but seems highly unattainable to you, you will feel bad and your self-worth might decrease because of this. If you follow friends and family and some people that inspire you to become a better version of yourself you'll feel completely different and feel encouraged by it because it shows the more 'real' side of society to some extent. I know everyone seems to be living their best lives on socials, but I think the people you follow and the way you interact with certain content shapes a lot of your overall experience.
Anoir Houmou
I think that it can if you are following accounts that could have a negative impact on you. There are tons of creators who create educational and positive content that one can choose to follow too!
Michael Kurek
Yes they do, but that mainly depends on how you use social media. There are many good reasons and ways social media has an impact on the world. Use it well!
Akshat Jain
Well, in my view it depends how you are using those platforms.
Kritika Jain
Yeah sometimes, social media encourage people for their unrealistic images and others want to copy them..
Raghav Mittal
Yes, for most of the things
Pooja Sharma
It depends on what content you are consuming rather on what social media is offering to its viewers.
Alexander Hosking
Yep. These platforms allow you to create your own view of the world. Worse, though, they feed you content to get you to click, not because you like it. So your view of the world around you is made to change based on what you click on, not what you want it to be.
Ágh Helmut
Yes, I'm sure! But it affects people's views in many different ways and levels... sometimes positively more often negatively. I think the best solution for this problem is to educate people and put valuable content in their social media feeds.
Tedel
Yes, there are even a few studies about it. Search information about "filter bubbles" and the relationship between social media (with algorithms) and polarization of societies. That should give you more than enough information about the topic.
Ozan Yalçın
As people already said here, It depends on how you are using social media. The most thing I like about social media right now is that even if they are across the world I can easily find talented artists and interact with them. They are inspiring me in a positive way to work on my creativity.
Syed Muhammad Shoaib Iqbal Shah
Every facet of life has both good and bad sides. By choosing an optimization strategy, we can avoid social media's detrimental effects on people's perceptions.