Do you sometimes have an impostor syndrome? How do you battle it against?

Replies

Rish
By making more stuff!
Business Marketing with Nika
@rushi_parikh Thanks for sharing your experience. What makes you the most comfortable when impostor syndrome hits you? What activity?
Moon
One way to battle it is to remember that everyone has their own unique strengths and experiences that they bring to the table. It's important to focus on your own growth and development, rather than comparing yourself to others. I'm trying to acknowledge my achievements and give myself credit for my hard work. Finally, surround myself with supportive peers and mentors who can offer encouragement and help me to see my own value.
@moon10 Yeah, the comparison is the thief of joy, but I compare myself not to others (sometimes not with my old me and new me) but struggle with the feeling I am not progressing.
Aaron O'Leary
Yup! Especially when I was a Chef, it was the worst considering it's an industry that runs on passion and verbal abuse. I just had to remind myself regularly that if I didn't have the abilities I wouldn't have 1) lasted so long in the industry and 2) moved up the ladder from where I started.
Aaron O'Leary
Yup! Especially when I was a Chef, it was the worst considering it's an industry that runs on passion and verbal abuse. I just had to remind myself regularly that if I didn't have the abilities, I wouldn't have 1) lasted so long in the industry and 2) moved up the ladder from where I started.
Rakshith Ravi
Sometimes, I go deeper. I ask myself: "Am I even good enough to have imposter syndrome"?
Francesco D'Alessio
Sometimes, less so than before. Someone told me it is a sign of progress I think and it helped.
Leo J Barnett
@francescod_ales Definitely a sign of levelling up. Embrace the fortune of a new challenge we all inevitably nail after taking it on.
@francescod_ales That's something I have never heard before, but those are wise words. Thank you, Francesco. 😇
Artem Prokofev
Undoubtedly! In order not to doubt myself, it helps me to remember all the way that has been done since the beginning of work. My big team, results, product launches, interesting contacts and endless prospects. Recognition of your achievements helps to get rid of the impostor syndrome. And, of course, the people you work with every day, because they, like no one else, know how hard you try and how much you do to achieve results :)
Goutham Bandaru
Imposter syndrome is real no matter how experienced and skilled we are. I fight it with my 5% which is something unique to me. It could be either my skill, experience, knowledge or just instinct. We all have our 5% and leveraging on that is a great opportunity what we can bring on to the table.
@goutham_bandaru How do you handle the struggles with impostor syndrome?
Shiv Shankar
self doubt is normal. seek out a mentor or advisor who can provide guidance and support. By learning from someone who has been through similar experiences, you can build your confidence and develop the skills you need to succeed.
@shiiv_shankar Thank you Shiv, It is so obvious that I totally forget about this. Thanks for reminding me. 🙂