Do you read long texts? (My own research for marketing purposes)

I want to know if you are inclined towards longer texts or if you are a 'short-text' reader. Copywriting is crucial, but I am interested in understanding how much time people are willing to invest in reading (it is my research for marketing purposes).

Replies

Joe
Short all the way! If I want more info I should be able to click in and find out more information.
Mansi Trivedi
Short text. Even when it needs to be long, it can always be broken down to smaller parts!
Shivangi Awasthi
Short text for office. Long texts from friends and family. <3
Karl Wang
short text for IM, long text for content
Nico Spijker
It really depends on what the storytelling approach it is. The other day I was reading an article by The Verge and the copy is more dense, but it's also a different kind of consumption (long-form story). For copy like that separating the paragraphs is annoying as it breaks up the content. For social media posts and simple blogs it's different though. My rule of thumb is 300 words per header, 3 sentences per paragraph and no more than 15 words per sentence. (I think these are originally recommendations from Yoast)
Lakshya Singh
Depends on who sent it. people reaching out on Linedin for support on PH, no. Teammate stuck somewhere, yes, to the last word.
Felya Bilgen
I'm a short-text reader; excessively long texts distract and lose their importance
Zoe Allen
I can never read long captions and descriptions. It's always just one line that attracts your customers.
Sergei Rednev
Yes, I do. And I read short texts as well.
Sergei Rednev
Pls, make it clear. What do you mean long texts? Maybe I gave you a wrong answer
Syed Arsalan Amin
Always short text, most likely one liner.
Adrian Taropa
Short and to the point does it for me. Don't tell me about your dream last night that helped you come up with the realization of the idea you are about to present, just get to the point ๐Ÿ˜
Business Marketing with Nika
@adrian_taropa I like this parallel. You are right. People try to save their time as much as possible. :-D
Igor Lysenko
I prefer short text; if itโ€™s some kind of advertisement, I donโ€™t read it for a long time. If I was interested in advertising, I would like to learn more and read more interestingly. The first lines of the text play an important role.
Mahsima Dastan
Yes, eg. economist article
Jules Essen
Short texts all the way!!
Andre Yang
Yes i like to read long texts
Stefan Wirth
Depends on the text. Good copy can make me read longer but it's rare. Usually i will resort to scanning and reading some lines that catch my interest.
Romio
I like to read short texts. But if it's an interesting topic or discussion, I don't mind. Even if it is not short, I always try to split it into paragraphs. So when people scan, they may get what they need.
Ryan Sullivan
I think for me this depends entirely on the format/medium you are communicating to be on. If it is an email than I am likely to give it more time and want to get the whole picture, but if it is on a website or ad then short and sweet and grab my attention quickly or lose it.