Do you listen to music while working?

Maurizio Isendoorn
27 replies
I usually listen to binaural beats, or sometimes classical music. But music with lyrics is hard to work with for me😂

Replies

Anil Yarimca
Same here! Music keeps me going while I work. I do about 6-7 hours most days too. I definitely need tunes without lyrics to stay focused. I usually listen to Ben Böhmer's type of stuff when I need to focus.
Simona O'Neill
No, I can't concentrate if there is music or tv in the background. I love working in silence like a proper boring loner 😂
Maurizio Isendoorn
@simona_o_neill3 Oh yes TV is a real distraction. And what about listening to a single tone?
Simona O'Neill
@maurizioisendoorn I guess that may be nice as long as it's not too mellow so it puts me to sleep and not too upbeat so it gets into my brain lol
Julia Engelsmann
Yes, I often listen to beats or classical music. I also like electric music for simple and monotonous tasks.
John Michael
No i can't listen music
Max Avery
yep, depends on the day what type of playlist I've got
Armaan Preet Kaur Sandhu
I usually do. The type of music generally depends on my mood. From the past few weeks I am listening to this Nuvole Bianchi track my friend recommended: https://curations.club/avjt?cura...
Oleksandr Zhabin
@armaan_sandhu26 I think you might be interested in checking out the launch of my application, which combines the topics of mental well-being and music🙂 Here is the teaser: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Oleksandr Zhabin
I usually work with music playing in the background. But when I need to think a lot, it’s easier to think in silence.
Yuki
binooooral beets
Kim Hallberg
Sometimes yes, but it does highly depend on my mood. At times just putting on noise-canceling headphones works OK. 👍
Heyalbert
I usually listen to piano music
Vitaly Aver
it happens, but rarely. It's usually hard for me to focus on work when I'm listening to music. And the work time increases
Diogo Maia Caetano
Yes, but I can also easily find it distracting! I remember that when I was designing NewSub (I published it today actually) I was in the zone and I could spent a considerable amount of time listening the music. Now that that creative process is kinda frozen, since we're focusing more on launching and metrics, I need to focus and therefore, no Pink Floyd music for me. Anyway, hope to count with your vote and your signup on NewSub! :) Cheers!
Business Marketing with Nika
Only when I do graphic designs :)
George Burmistrov
Always. It's hard to concentrate for me without music, especially since I work in an open space and it's rather noisy around me :D
Marvin Mändle
Depends on the tasks. When I need to be creative I have to concentrate me without music
Gregory Karfo
all the time actually, i feel that my headphones are part of my body at this point. Music really helps me to concentrate. Even rn when im writing this comment , i listen to music!
Kirr Simakovs
Always, just to avoid any sounds around from a street, my cat etc. working from home