Do you invest more in building your personal or company brand on social media?

Investing in terms of your time and finances.

Replies

Shubham
People don't wanna buy from a faceless organisation. So IMO Personal brand = Company's brand.
Business Marketing with Nika
@shubhamrajelli Is it a good thing to build company on a one person? What if that one person once day quit? For example social media manager?
Maurizio Isendoorn
A business brand is harder to build I believe because you need to add some personality to the business. For your personal brand you can be yourself and talk about things you like.
Boris Markarian
I believe a personal brand is more important and at the same time it helps you promote your business. When people trust and connect with you, they're more likely to buy into what you're selling. It's all about making real connections.
@boris_moris44 Do you think that owners of brands should have community managers or social media managers that manage their profiles? Like, give access to these people's personal profile?
Rada Vassil
@boris_moris44 @busmark_w_nika Companies should, and many indeed do, employ social media managers to focus exclusively on their brand. Brand development is an ongoing process.
Vaibhav is SelfTalk.ing
Even I am confused of this because I started building my psychology brand, TheBrainPsych, but I found it difficult to spread the efforts :(
@realdesigntack Have you tried to build your personal brand first and then your company brand?
Vaibhav is SelfTalk.ing
@busmark_w_nika I started with a personal brand and then switched to company brand so that it can be the umbrella under which i do a lot of things, specific to the niche of that company brand.
Rada Vassil
@realdesigntack @busmark_w_nika That's the dream scenario, but the reality in startups is everything happens at lightning speed. There's neither the time nor a specific individual allocated for such tasks.
Nitin Joshi
I would say both
@nitin_joshi and where are people's responses more often? Do people interact more with your personal brand or company brand? Hmm? 🤔
Nitin Joshi
@busmark_w_nika I connect with people as person and as brand both. Like Here I also represent my organization when needed and also my self.
Jon Wesselink
When considering your social media presence, i'd strike a balance between building your personal brand and your company's brand. While some argue against associating a business too closely with individual, iconic examples like Steve Jobs and Apple, demonstrate the power of intertwining personal and corporate identities. Tailor your strategy to align with your goals; consider posting both personal and company-related content across platforms, leveraging things like collaborations (on Instagram) to amplify your reach. Keep it authentic and relevant to your target audience, and I think you strike magic when you embrace that a company's story comes from its people (you!) :D
@jonwesselink ! 😀 Personally, I think that brands live thanks to the cult and charisma of their founders (personal brand) – like Mars (chocolate producer), Henry Ford, and Tomáš Baťa. Every company brand has its leader. When I say the company's name, I recall the founder they became famous for (Apple – Jobs, Microsoft – Gates). The same could apply to bands. When I say the Queen – you recall Freddy Mercury. But I do not think if I said: Roger Taylor – you would associate him with the Queen. The founder is like a frontman of the brand (company).
Henry Yuan
Personal branding is crucial because people build trust with individuals, not companies. Your personal social media can reflect your unique voice and perspectives, independent of corporate branding. This freedom allows for the expression of personal views.
Abdal Yousef
I focus more on building my personal brand, not necessarily by choice but because I find it easier to establish a personal brand first and then leverage that to build my company's brand. This approach seems particularly beneficial for solopreneurs who are in the early stages of bootstrapping their startups. In such cases, having a strong personal brand can significantly benefit the company brand. This is primarily because, at the beginning, people's trust in your company is closely tied to their trust in you as an individual. Establishing a trustworthy personal brand can lay a solid foundation for your company's credibility and trustworthiness in the eyes of potential customers and partners.
@abdalyousef Where is your personal presence the strongest (platform)? Share links pls.
Janak Patel
For Start Up - Personal brand. Personal brand builds your company brand
@janak_patel56 If you do not mind, I used it in the latest post (I tagged you) 🙂 https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
I do both. There are a few brands that do this. For eg, Nothing, Cred, Sleepy Owl, Souled Store, etc. Relying on just one doesn't sound bulletproof to me.
@senthil99nathan how do you approach to company branding (in the sense of building it)?
Kathleen Edwards
I prioritize building my personal brand on social media. Even though my company's brand matters, I can build credibility, connect with people in a genuine way, and ultimately contribute to the success of the company more successfully by making an investment in my personal brand.
@kathleen_edwards What is your personal brand and company brand? Can you share links?
Milli Sen
Personal brand more. Today, consumers are more inclined towards trusting a person with a face and authority than an anonymous brand.
Milli Sen
@busmark_w_nika Thanks for sharing this. Didn't know such cases happened on X out of all platforms. Will definitely be cautious.
Benjamin Sloutsky
Personal brand definitely seems easier to build because people relate more to emotions and it’s easier to invoke more emotions through yourself than a company.
Neel
In my opinion, when you're embarking on something new, your personal brand is intricately linked to your company brand, especially in the realm of B2B. Your initial clients might often be individuals or organizations you've interacted with before. This makes it challenging to distinguish between the two! Thus, investing in your personal brand inevitably influences your company brand, and vice versa. What do you think @busmark_w_nika ?
@nmitra Yeah, I think that when you are a company without showing the face of the founder, with some crisis... you will not be harmed as a person... I think that Satoshi Nakamoto's approach has its pros and cons... but anonymity is not so personal. Is it something between – you have a hero who hides the face. My general thought is to be aware of your actions and the actions of your company to not expose yourself to problems that could harm you. Mistakes are, of course, good for learning. But the bigger you are, there should be less mistakes.
Ruben Boonzaaijer
Personal brand is a more evergreen option
Ruben Boonzaaijer
@busmark_w_nika what's that supposed to mean? :D
Toni
On LinkedIn and Twitter, personal branding is much more relevant than company branding. Engagement on brand social pages on those networks is very low. Invest in personal branding to bring awareness to the company instead.
@toni_pm Do you know about any social media where a company's brand grows faster and more than a personal brand?
Sahil🎧⚛️
Both but I feel like personal branding is crucial for creating more reliability and it fosters the company branding as well
Yana Berezniatska
I'm investing in personal brand, it's something that will be with you till the end. Even your company not alive and you need to build a new company again, strong personal brand definetly help to this. People work with people, not with logos.
Eithiriel DeMeré
Always personal. Genuine connections will always "follow" and support you continually, no matter where you work...
@nikkielizdemere that's true. When you have a personal brand people are more likely to follow any business you create. Something like Gary Vee.