Do you have a daily routine or do you just work however you like?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
47 replies
I find that having a daily routine helps me stay productive and focused while working. I typically have a set schedule for when I wake up, exercise, work, and take breaks throughout the day. However, I also recognize that everyone has their own working style and what works for me may not work for everyone else. Some people thrive on having a more flexible schedule, while others may prefer a stricter routine. What about you? Do you have a daily routine or do you prefer to work more flexibly? I'm curious to know what works best for you and if you have any tips for establishing a productive routine.

Replies

Victor Kernes
A routine has been tremendously helpful for me. Usually my mornings are the most prescriptive. I wrote about my routine here: https://presentable.substack.com...
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@victorkernes Yess! Routines are really important for me as well! Thank you for sharing your routine with us!
Igor Lysenko
Hello! I just created IXORD Notes recently, notes that are important in situations like this. And my daily routine is completely written in my product. I have a lot of rallies and work, and I prioritize my tasks. You're right that it makes me more organized. Because I see and know what will happen next and I can prepare for it.
I tried going with the flow but I couldn't manage everything as time went on. I plan my daily life for the entire week. Start with a gym session in the morning and then I follow the tasks I set up in Hubspot. A strict routine is really helping me out lately.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@jaka_koprivec Going with the flow may sound easy at first but when you try to adapt it to your daily life it's not very practical. That's why ı plan my week before the week starts!
Anna Starodub
I try to have routine every day, a clear schedule makes me more efficient. Every day I highlight priority tasks that need to be done first. I try to do them right away, while I have the energy and clear mind.
Justice Sy
I have a lot of opportunities to participate in rallies and work, and I am able to prioritize my tasks effectively.
yash
I create a list of things to do, but I don't assign specific deadlines to many of the tasks as it can trigger anxiety
Colby Shelton
Time blocking has helped me make sure that what I NEED to get done actually gets done. Things like social posts, emails, and design tasks. But I definitely leave room for flexibility. A great kickstart to my mornings has been suffering through a cold shower. Life hack fr 🥶
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@colbyprompt Yess! Leaving room for flexibility is really important! Can't say the same thing about the shower though... I can't bring myself to do it 🥲
srprs
Hello Ezgi, that's a great question! Personally, I do have a routine, but I believe I developed this routine just to remain consistent in what I do. It's not like principles or rules that I absolutely have to follow to have a successful workday. It's more like a guide, an overall framework of actions that encourages productivity and eliminates procrastination.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@srprs Hi! I definitely think we need a "guide" so that everything can go smoothly!
Webizito Web
@ezgiyeginaltay Hello! I just created WP Online Active Users plugin for WordPress. WP Online Active Users plugin enables you to display how many users are currently online active and display user last seen on your Users page in the WordPress admin.
Webizito Web
@ezgiyeginaltay Please check out the free plugin our launch and let me know about your thoughts or feature ideas to improve the plugin in the comment section, and please leave a review as well.
Travis Martin
it is usually never there. even if I compose it, write down all the tasks, I never do everything like this. I often get distracted by little things and in general I want to improve my discipline, but I haven't committed myself yet. I forget about it when I'm distracted by something.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@ttravism distractions are really the worst enemy! But when you fully commit to this it becomes a routine!
Niroshan Ranapathi
That's interesting, do you find it difficult to stick to your routine every day? I personally find it helpful to have a loose structure, but also allow for flexibility when needed. What are some ways you establish and maintain your routine?
Shubhangi
for me working in routine is 10x productive but now I'm trying to stick to it.
havoc06 w
I don't have a set daily routine, but I do adapt my work habits to the tasks and projects that I'm working on. For example, if I have a deadline looming, I might work longer hours to get everything done on time.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@havoc06_w Working according to the deadlines and prioritizing what needs to be done is really important!
Irina Poslavsky
I have a daily routine and structure my time.
K Denesh
Thanks. Myself also same with your opinion
K Denesh
Thanks. I'm with your opinion
Devin Green
I tend to plan day by day if I'm overwhelmed, but I usually plan week by week. It helps with staying focused.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@artistro08 I plan my weeks before the week starts but since my tasks change weekly I can't see myself planning my schedule week by week. Sadly it wouldn't work for me :( But I do see where you're coming from and I agree!
Devin Green
@ezgiyeginaltay to be fair, I used to do that as well. The reason why I started planning the week was because it was easier to see what I needed to get done, vs planning the day. I can anticipate things better
Rongcan Wu
I have a general structure that I try to stick to. I find that allowing for some flexibility in my schedule keeps things fresh and helps me avoid burnout.
Alyssa Chua
I start out by writing in my productivity journal. Then, I do admin stuff—go through and respond to e-mails, record finances, etc. Next, I work on client articles, and if there's time (and I try to make sure I do have time left over), I work on articles for my personal blogs/newsletters.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@thewriterlyz Having or making sure that you have time left over is really important to me as well. You never know if something will come up the last minute!
Alexander Okonji
I think it's a great one having such routine I really planned out but if I may ask how do you expect someone having visual challenge to have this implemented in his or her daily routine any advice is welcome but I have a family going through such challenges thanks