Do you find dark mode or light mode more comfortable for extended use?

Ceren Tuna
17 replies

Replies

Chris Lindner
I usually go with whatever matches my vibe – light during the day and dark at night. But I'd totally dig having more choices than just plain light or dark themes.
Maksym Skrypka
I usually use dark mode :)
Tom Klinger
If I'm browsing apps that are more photo or video, I like dark mode but if I have to read articles, for some reason, dark mode hurts my eyes. I prefer light mode in that case.
Dennis Aronov
I usually use dark mode. Super bright tends to irritate my eyes fairly quickly.
Artyom Sviridov
Dark mode, no questions about it. Way more comfortable for the eye.
Cedric
+1 for dark mode :p
Daniel Burns
My eyes are definitely favoring the dark mode far more than the light one after a while.
Daniel Zaitzow
Depends on the time of day. I use dark mode mode for most things on my phone but my computer tends to have most things (except browser windows) in light mode.
Alexandros Fokianos
dark mode 100% whoever uses light mode are the same people that drink peach iced tea
Ivan Dudin
Dark is used in low light and light is used in bright light. The only program that always has a dark mode is VS Code =)
Javier Sánchez
When I use something for a long period of time I always look for dark mode.
Apollon Latsoudis
Depends on the visual canvas I am working - some graphs I create require light mode to highlight certain nodes and background text. When however I am working on AI related knowledge graphs, then dark mode theme is more suitable, looks better and does not tire the eye. Web 3 users for instance generally prefer dark mode, same with programmers. Knowledge workers and heavy note taking users, usually prefer light mode but nothing is absolute, this is just an observation Ultimately, I found that most products need to have both modes to appease as many users as possible.
Steve Lou
I'm a huge dark mode fan!
Lera Shulga
Dark mode for evenings, light for days:)
Katarina Stanley
I’m a big fan of dark mode because I feel that it’s easier on my eyes. I also think there are some apps/sites that look nicer in dark mode!