Do I need to write keywords for SEO separately in the website code?

Maria H
9 replies
I've come across the fact that some sites write keywords for SEO separately in the code. Does it work?

Replies

Jonathan Prime
Yes, include keywords in website code for SEO.
Carl Lager
Always love discussing SEO. You mean adding a bunch of keywords hidden in the code?
Carl Lager
@mariahhunter my experience is that Google have becoming very good at detecting those types of cheats so I would stay out of it!
Thomas Yanik
Yes, for effective SEO, it's essential to include relevant keywords in various elements of your website's code. Incorporate keywords in the title tag, meta description, header tags (H1, H2, etc.), and throughout the content. This helps search engines understand the context and relevance of your content, improving your site's visibility in search results.
Kimberly West
Yes always I need it
Violetta Chernobuk
You need to add them to your metatags, yes. Plus, remember that the H1 is super important. It's better to add relevant keywords across your content but it's always should be relevant. Simply stacking the text with keywords won't help. Search engines are more clever these days.
Leslie Nash
For modern search engine optimization (SEO), the practice of including specific meta keywords tags in the website code has become less critical, as search engines like Google have evolved to focus more on the quality of content, context, and user experience rather than keyword meta tags. Historically, keywords meta tags were used to inform search engines about the topics covered on a webpage, but due to widespread misuse, search engines now rely more on the actual content and its relevance to the search query. However, that doesn't mean keywords aren't important. They should be naturally integrated into high-quality, relevant content throughout your website, including in titles, headings, body text, URLs, and meta descriptions. The meta description tag, while not directly used for rankings, is important for providing compelling summaries of your content in search engine results, which can improve click-through rates. In summary, while you do not need to include a separate meta keywords tag for SEO in your website code, you should focus on incorporating relevant keywords naturally within your content and other on-page elements like the title and meta description tags to improve visibility and rankings in search engine results.
techinon
Yes, include keywords in website code for SEO. I am practicing this for many websites like affordable locksmith and it is gaining good traffic.