Did you launch with a waiting list? If so, what tips do you have?

Brenna Donoghue
32 replies
What tips do you have for building a sizeable waiting list of your target audience?

Replies

Emmanuel Debrah
I'm new to this so just here for the Tips. All the same congratulations to everyone who has been able to launch their products.
Daniel Do
Launching soon!
One thing I'll do is plan it at least 1 week ahead. I tried to do it quickly and saw that it was getting momentum. But it wasn't there long enough for people to discover.
Brenna Donoghue
@pm_optimizer Good tip. Thanks! How did you promote it?
Kayode Odeleye
@pm_optimizer agreed on timing Ours was up for about 3 months while we were building We posted regularly on social media about the various dimensions of the problem we’re solving And people that it resonated with followed and signed up
Brenna Donoghue
@pm_optimizer @kayovin1 3 months... that sounds like enough time for it to grow over time and have a sizeable audience built as you were ready to roll it out. Awesome, thanks!
Favour Felix
@brenna_donoghue @kayovin1 Interesting. Out of curiousity, and if you don't mind, how much people were you able to get on the waitlist?
Daniel Do
Launching soon!
@brenna_donoghue Yeah, that's another part that is important. For my first launch, I didn't promote it outside which was definitely a mistake.
Raffaele Colella
We used Viral Loops - it played out pretty well - people invited others to get faster access
Kornel Grunwald
@raf_col this is super cool tip! What channels did you use specifically?
amir
@raf_col tnx for sharing, just booked a demo call with them 🤞
Sven Radavics
1) Get it up asap - done is better than perfect 2) Improve it along the way as you get a better understanding of who's responding to it 3) Write some long-tail-keyword blog posts to support it 4) Promote the hell out of it on socials 5) Consider tools that gamify referrals
DragoÈ™
well, it's our first run ever, si basically we're trying to figure it out, reading a lot about it and just got some ads to get a bit of traffic and subs to our waiting list
Business Marketing with Nika
Build community, create a personal connection and propose people in direct messages (try to use a more professional and formal path – LinkedIn, WhatsApp groups, Twitter groups). Do not forget to announce that on social media. Each team member should be involved. 🙂
Zeeshan Akhtar
Yeah, we launched State of email 2023 today with a waiting list. Here are some of the learnings I had shared on the waiting list campaign- https://www.linkedin.com/feed/up...
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
Amazing ideas in the comments! Very valuable discussion
Samar Ali
Launching soon!
1. Keep the list short - less than 100 2. Send regular updates 3. Give them something to do (like refer friends) 4. When you're ready to launch, do it quickly!
Brenna Donoghue
@samalyx Thanks! Super curious, why cap the list to less than 100?
amir
Great discussion, hear for learning! Going to have a pre launch with waiting list on few days.
Nick Mazikov
If you are the founder of a startup, we encourage you to check out our blog! There are many useful articles for your startups
Shivam
Just started the waiting list for NotionSEO I think 5 days will be enough
Karthik
First-time maker here - had about 40 downloads for my app but no good audience yet. Still scoping and trying to understand my audience - but spending a fair amount of time on this activity.
Brenna Donoghue
@karthik_sarpatwari I'm curious, when you say you haven't found a good audience yet, is that because the 40 ppl who downloaded churned? Or that you haven't found discernable trends within it? Or something else entirely? Good luck with it... PMF is so tricky
Karthik
hi @brenna_donoghue they haven’t churned yet but also not 100% engaged based on my markers. I don’t have a good sense yet of what fires that engagement to 💯.. because the app has built-in network effect, i would see word of mouth, organic community growth .. but that hasn’t happened. We just started 15 days ago so it will take time, likely. So far, i am blind to what they are thinking - no feedback
Karthik
valuable info in this comment thread!