Can we swap reviews?

Nick Martin
12 replies
We just launched FlexPDF (https://www.producthunt.com/post...) and are interested in getting feedback from users. Is it okay to ask for a review in exchange for me reviewing your Ship, Launch or product? I'm mostly interested in a Loom of you using the product and not seeking upvotes or anything like that. You can access FlexPDF (free PDF to HTML tool) here: https://www.magloft.com/flexpdf You will see a notification pop up asking to save information to your browser. This is completely safe and it's so that FlexPDF can read your PDF file, extract text, images, fonts, etc. and save this info in a safe and limited space called persistent browser storage. We realize this isn't optimal as it does sound a little scary to give access to but it's 100% safe. If you review mine I will review yours :)

Replies

Janet Granger
Good idea! And yes, I'll review mine if you'll do the same. ;)
Nick Martin
@janet_granger hi Janet, please leave a link to your Ship, Product or website so I can take a look :)
Janet Granger
@nicholasjohnmartin Here's my feedback, This is a GREAT idea of a product I didn't know I needed! 1. The video explains it well so you know what to do. 2. It would be great to be able to import links. The didn't import for me. 3. I tried to sign up for a free account and I got the email. But every time I clicked on the link back to the site it timed out. Still haven't been able to get it. If you could look into this, I'd love to continue using the tool! I think it's perfect for marketing people like me.
Nick Martin
@janet_granger thanks so much for your feedback Janet! Did you by any chance use incognito mode? We are aware of a problem, where the confirmation link will open in regular chrome clicked from the email. This, unfortunately, creates a mismatch causing it to time out.
Yassin Bouacherine
Hi! I gave it a few minutes. Here is my review: First, to me, that's a great design. I didn't feel lost at all. That's highly intuitive, great job on that. I rarely had this kind of ease in using a new app. No tutorial is needed! Next, when I selected a small image, it didn't copy the exact same size but filled the whole page: https://ibb.co/TKvzDgp It would be interesting to copy images/charts in the right size or maybe I may have done something wrong here. Not sure if it's already the case, I would like to zoom in or click on my PDF to have a closer look and just go back to the default mode, that would make the process much easier. If you also wanted some suggestions, here is my list : 1) The possibility to add tabs within the same interface to add different PDFs and navigate through them rather than going back and forth and losing track of everything. 2) Being able to add a table of content on the right side. In terms of organizing the articles, it would be great to have them or something similar, so I can follow through on what type of information I am aiming at. 3) Being a little fancy here if this tool could get a Library based on the community sharing PDF categorized in type through the clouds, that would be great! But I guess it may be tricky to put in place, you never know what people may be into ;D That's it for me! I haven't caught a virus through your link so far. It's safe! ;D Lots of great potential with your tool, I like the concept a lot. Keep it up!
Nick Martin
@jack95 thank you so much for your detailed feedback Assin! Really appreciate the time you took to do this! As for the image, yes, this is something we are still figuring out how to perfect. I believe in the mobile view, it will by default set the image to full width. If you select images in the mobile view, you can choose between a few options, one being the original size. This should center the image. 1) Great idea! We still haven't decided how far to take this but yeah some kind of admin section would help managing and organizing files and outputs. 2) Not sure if I fully understand. A table of contents is automatically generated which you can see if you export or preview your results. It's generated based on the order of your articles which you can reorder by dragging them. Maybe you are referring to something in the FlexPDF UI? 3) I see what you are getting at here and yeah that would be cool! We haven't decided how/if we will create a newsstand type of app where all content can be shared/searched/promoted across publishers yet. Probably another little startup idea haha. Thanks so much! And yes it's completely safe to use, we just need to find a better way of explaining this.
Yassin Bouacherine
@nicholasjohnmartin I am still working on it, I will let you know when it's ready ;D Glad to be helpful!