Best piece of feedback you've ever recieved

Sanja Mitar
9 replies
What's the best piece of personal feedback you've ever received that influenced your growth?

Replies

Ste
There is no failure, only feedback.
Jamie Bursey
I'll always be grateful for a conversation I had with this woman sitting next to me on a flight to Bathurst, NB. Among many things she said "lead yourself confidently and politely through this world. It is your path, you will choose how far to go." I asked her to repeat it so I could write it down. ๐Ÿ™
Launching soon!
Nobody is perfect. As quoted by Elizabeth Gilbert, 'embrace the glorious mess that you are." This is the best advice I have received so far, and it has helped me do what is needed most at the time instead of trying to do everything perfectly.
Sanja Mitar
@qudsia_ali Couldn't agree more, Qudsia. It's so easy to forget that and to operate under the guise of reaching for perfection only to realize it doesn't exist.
Anna Mandziuk ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
I will probably remember it forever! I was a kid and loooved writing. I started writing stories at 10 or 11. I was shy to show them to adults, because the first one I showed them to was pretty critical, so I thought they were very bad. However, one time my mom's brother saw me write one and got interested in reading it. When I was giving my story to him, my hands were trembling like a branch in the wind ๐Ÿ™ƒ I remember the next day when we saw each other, he handed it back to me and said "You know, you have a real talent in this! Sign it for me so that I could sell it when you're famous." I know that the story was probably far from a masterpiece๐Ÿ˜… But it gave me a real push to study and pursue a career in writing!