Balancing creation and consumption

As makers, you're constantly creating and learning. What's your method of balancing learning new trends while creating? Share and let's discuss!

Replies

Olivia Smith
It's all about intentional breaks for me. I set aside short breaks throughout the day to catch up on industry news or trends. Keeps me informed without sacrificing productivity.
Samy RAHIM
Launching soon!
I basically added page margins to my laptop so that I can write on it whenever I want. I do this by splitting my screen horizontally in two parts. The first part is the browser and the second part is my note-taking app, which is also split in two but vertically; the top section contains my todo list and the bottom section contains note pages, that's my permanent input space. I use this place to write down any though that gets to my mind whenever I'm consuming content. This prevents me from becoming a passive consumer. It's easy to become one since the internet doesn't really have a place to write in, it only contains content to consume.
Pallavi Ganpat Babar
It's a constant game! I try to make time to study new things, but ultimately, my focus is on pushing my own creative boundaries.
Thắng Võ
I continuously allocate dedicated time for both learning and creating, maintaining a structured schedule.
Carol Moh
There are constantly new trends happening, which can be overwhelming. I try to stay focused on the content that is most relevant to me as a priority and then look at the wider industry as and when I have time. It can be so easy to get swept up in what is happening around us that it can cause one to lose focus/get distracted.
Allocate 30-60mins for learning each day. Let the real challenge found during creating guide your learning.