Are you better at starting or finishing projects? πŸ‘©β€πŸ’»

πŸ‘‰ Starters have the desire to try out new things. They have many ideas and a lot of imagination but typically, they don’t finish what they have started. Starters often have many tasks at hand to do. They may spend more time practising multi-tasking. πŸ‘‰ Finishers, on the other hand, usually only have one thing to do at a time. The reason is that they don’t start a task before the previous one is finished. Finishers are more disciplined and organized than Starters. πŸ˜€ TBH, I am more like a starter but try to learn to finish projects... Everything takes time. WBY?

Replies

Francesco D'Alessio
Starting, but trying to get better at finishing them.
Maurizio Isendoorn
It is better to finish something than to start something. I like both of them actually, I like to start something and then finish it.
Business Marketing with Nika
@maurizioisendoorn Yeah, I used to have problems starting with something but now I have a problem finishing things :D To have a balance would be an ideal scenario :DDDD
Luka Brzin
@maurizioisendoorn i would also say it's much easier to starts something than to finish it. Anyone can have a good idea, but not anyone can make that idea become a reality. Ideas without execution are worthless.
Daniel Burns
Just like you, I am a starter, but I am trying to get disciplined to get finished what I've started. Still learning πŸ˜…
@dan_burns What have you started with recently? πŸ˜€
David Popescu
@dan_burns Same problem for me. I am usually very excited when I start something new, but that excitment fades away as more time passes. Fortunately, this was not the case with my last project. Launching this Sunday! πŸ™ŒπŸŽŠ
Daniel Burns
@busmark_w_nika Currently I am trying to outline a strategic plan for the company's growth to attract new investors. How about you? πŸ€“
@dan_burns @davidpopescu66 David, what is the project? Share a link there. :)
@dan_burns Aaaa, so you create something like a pitch presentation to persuade them, right? πŸ™‚ I want to continue growing the community and reach out to sponsors. So my plans are a little bit similar.
Nataliya Trotsenko
I definitely resonate with being a starter! πŸš€ I'm always brimming with ideas and the excitement to jump into new projects. However, I'm also on a journey to balance that starter enthusiasm with the discipline to see things through to the end. It's a learning curve, but embracing the process makes it all the more rewarding. How about you?
@natalie_trotsenko I am almost the same so I need to team someone who is better at finishing. πŸ˜ƒ But according to the results, everyone here is a starter :D
Nataliya Trotsenko
@busmark_w_nika ahahhah, maybe the PH is the platform only for starters?)
@natalie_trotsenko That would make sense because in most cases, they are in the midway to validate the product or test it... so they are in the middle (or the early beginning of the process). :)
Anthea
Launching soon!
I have starter tendencies, many ideas but I never finish most of them πŸ™ˆ
Ivan Spadacenta
My biggest issue is that while I'm developing a product, dozens of features come to mind that I hadn't initially considered, and I tend to implement them before the "release" because I always think that without those features, I risk leaving some users dissatisfied. Consequently, the development timelines extend significantly. I just can't seem to come out with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). I fear that users might not understand what an MVP is and therefore perceive the product as incomplete.
@ivan_spadacenta Striving for perfectionism? πŸ˜… You should listen to this at 31:22 https://youtu.be/7I1ZjuPsrSQ?si=...
Giacomo Bretel-De Simone
"Witout commitment you never start. But more importantly, without consistency, you never finish." Recently saw this on an Iron Man Triathlon post. So true.
@french_ninja Good thought, thanks for sharing. I want to bookmark it but there is no button for that :D
Nikhil
Mix of both!
Pearl Jimenez
Sometimes I have a lot of ideas and I am ready to start implementing them right away. But due to the fact that I took up such an enthusiast for this, I often miss some points in planning and miscalculations. This makes it much harder for me to finish them.
Veranika Vinichenka
I think that my superpower is completing projects and bringing them to an efficient state :)
@nika_vinichenko What projects were very hard to complete for you? :D I would like to know that trick how get them done! :D
Michael Shver
I'm a starter just like you πŸ˜‚ There's a lot of enthusiasm for projects initially, but it tends to dwindle when it comes to finishing them. Still, it's truly a learning process! What I can say is that actually completing a project brings a lot of relief, so there is a reward in it. Right now, I'm working on setting milestones and celebrating when I achieve them. It helps to show that you're making progress and not just stuck in the idea generation process! And having a team definitely helps with taking steps forward because things often influence and depend on each other. So, when you're stuck with something, your whole team will be kind enough to remind you to hurry πŸ˜‚ (and, well, help too, if it's something they help with)
@michaelshver yeah, having a team is a kind of commitment :D recommend to have one if you really want to finish something :D otherwise people in team will hate you :D
murph
Used to let β€œI need it to be perfect” be a source of resistance. Often would end up moving on to the next shiny object. Over the last year have been intentional about not letting great be the enemy of good. Finding balance.
Dan O'Malley
I don't like to start something and not finish it. πŸ˜€
@dan_o_malley how many projects are you working on rn? :D so you are a finisher or? :D
@dan_o_malley I need your ability to finish tasks. :DDDD you would be probably mad at me if I worked with you :DD
Igor Lysenko
I'm better at finishing projects.
@ixord Do you wanna team up? :D I will come up with the idea and you will finish. πŸ˜‚ The struggle is that more of my ideas are not ideal. 🀣
Daniel S
Definitely a starter. It has always been a change to get over that slump that you face halfway through your project. Even got a ring engraved with "always finish what you started" to help me remember that. Any finishers want to be friends? haha
Boris Markarian
I'm more starter, but last time I worked hard on my productivity and got good results, so no I'm finisher also. It's almost 50/50
@boris_moris44 Want to find this Zen! I realised that if I only started the project, the outcome would never be seen. I have to change something in my life.
Nitin Joshi
In my industry, everything is recurring, so we start but never finish. Therefore, when a project begins, it continues indefinitely without any defined end points. However, I can acknowledge that individual tasks within the project can be initiated and completed.
@nitin_joshi Do you mean the SEO industry? But this one is very long-term.. So the end is not defined :D
Rada Vassil
I'm sure when you find something worth finishing, you'll finish it :)
@rada_vassil1 I hope so. So far, I only started and run projects but some tasks were unfinished and without them, I couldn't grow.
Rada Vassil
@busmark_w_nika This usually happens when we can't find enough motivation for a project. As an expert in your field, you can quickly recognize if something is not worth your time.
Bencreatives
I mean I love finishing a project, but starting is so much easier ahahha especially when along the way you start making mistakes and you fix them later!
@bencreatives Yes, but I need to learn to finish things because unfinished tasks don't lead to progress. πŸ«