A weird productivity hack, that worked

Marc Lou
38 replies
Hey Hunters! 2 weeks ago, I started streaming my screen on Youtube with one goal in mind: Building a startup live in 7 days. πŸŽ₯ It was stressful at first. I thought no one would tune in and the stream would be boring... πŸ˜” But after a week (or 60 hours of streaming), the app was available on iOS, Android, and the web πŸŽ‰ (it's live on Product Hunt today btw!) Also, totally unexpected, viewers debugged my code and redesigned the app 🀯 Even if only 1 person is barely watching, you can't not show up or binge Netflix. Commit to a goal in public + Show ongoing progress = Productivity What is your weird productivity tip?

Replies

Its been fun just watching you do the launch today πŸš€πŸš€
Francesco D'Alessio
Nature sounds whilst sleeping on Endel
Robert Novak
That's so true Marc and congrats on the launch too! πŸ₯³
Riya Bisht
i work in the heat all day. any productivity hacks for that? haha
grad_
That's so clever!
Very inspiring. πŸ’―
John Koo
wow that's very clever idea. i should also try sometimes
Marc Lou
@imjohnkoo on Monday? 😏
Naveen Mathivanan
Haha. Glad to be a part of your live stream chat.
Av Utukuri
Kudos on the live streaming idea and congratulations on the launch!
Jennifer McKnight
This is a great achievement.
Reha Santiago
nice idea. a good way to keep you motivated and avoid procrastination
Jyoti Kanabar
Congrats on the launch :D I decide to reward myself when i complete a goal- that's my weird productivity hack
Madhu Rawat
committing is hard. and sharing a goal in public. whew. maybe i should try this
Eddie Forson
* Leave phone in other room or turn it off altogether when you must do DEEP WORK * Set small and achievable goals each day/week * Take a walk outside everyday to get some fresh air and clear your mind
Oxana
Oh that's amazing! admire your unconventional approach and applaud you! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Brian Yip
Wow! That's a really clever way to stay focused. Not a weird productivity tip, but I'm obsessed with Cron's feature of managing multiple calendars. You can automatically set it where work events would "block" the same time slot on your personal calendar, and vice versa, which makes it really easy to manage your time. 🀯
LisaKim
A weird productivity hack that I use is to set very small destinations by the minute. For example, I plan a break at 11:00AM. When it's 11:00AM, I find something else that can become a mark to take a break. The process would be like: - It's 11AM, but I'll stop working when this song is over - Now that the song is over, I only need to send 6 more messages. I'll take a break once I finish sending these messages - Now I'm almost done with this playlist so I'll work until this playlist is over - It's almost time for lunch already, I'll just take a break during lunch Stretching my time working as much as I can while giving me the grace marks to take rests really increases the daily workload I get done.
Imran Razak
Biggest productivity tip I can give anyone is FOCUS. Have clarity on your problem and the solutions you are coming up with. Time-box and develop the biggest part of your solution you haveβ€” that being said have clarity otherwise your going to mix things up and mess around and end up with busy work.