Need help naming my newsletter!

Ronan Wall
6 replies
It was hard enough deciding the name of the company, but now I need to come up with a catchy name for our weekly newsletter and I’m all out of creative juice… We’ve discussed the obvious ones like ‘The Dosen Weekly’, ‘The Dosen Dispatch’, ‘Dosen News’ but they feel a little flat. Would really appreciate some more creative suggestions Some context below to help. Thanks in advance and before anyone suggests it, ‘Newsie McNewsface’ has already been taken : ) =============== What is Dosen? Dosen is an advisory platform supporting the knowledge community. It integrates all of the tools required for an expert to operate as an advisor (scheduling, video, payments, promotion etc). And makes it easy for those looking for advice to find the right expert to talk to What’s the Dosen brand identity? Dosen is like a personal, interactive Masterclass. So professional and high quality but reachable (anyone with expertise can become an advisor on Dosen) and community focused Who is the newsletter for? We’ll actually create 2 newsletters; one for the Experts and one for Customers calling them. The content will be similar for both, but differ slightly to cater to the needs of each audience. A newsletter name that covers both would be great What content will you share on the newsletter? We’ll welcome and showcase new experts, share stats & tips to help experts operate as advisors and announce new product and features

Replies

Ronan Wall
@connernudd @gordianoverschmidt Thanks for the suggestions. In the end wee decided to go with.... [drum roll].... 'The Inside Track'. Our logic: We had started to name everything 'The Dosen XXXX'. Our podcast, newsletter, product features and it was feeling a bit stale. So instead we decided to play on the exclusive aspect of the newsletter (its only for members) and the value of the community element (we're getting access to information that non members won't) and serve to entice the curious. I'll add 'from Dosen' at the end to connect back to the brand. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back in another month to rename it again : )
Conner Nudd
‘The Weekly Dosen’ or ‘The Dosen Dose’ the latter roles off the tongue nicely 👌🏼
Ronan Wall
Thx @connernudd & @gordianoverschmidt As a matter of interest, what does the word 'Dose' mean to you? In Ireland it's not very complimentary : ) so we've avoided using it
Conner Nudd
@connernudd @gordianoverschmidt @ronanawall Haha i've just seen the definition in Ireland! To me a dose is a quantity of something. On Spotify it's used as "Daily Dose of Music"
Gordian Overschmidt
@connernudd @ronanawall DOSE as a noun describes a quantity of something (medicine) to be taken. In Prodcution it is the amount of sugar necessarily added in the making of champagne, bread, or anything else. As a verb (used with object), dose means to give or divide into doses, to give or take a dose of medicine (when used without object). Personally it means the right (professional/ based on knowledge) amount of something that helps to ....
Gordian Overschmidt
Depending on your overall approach, you could take it more playful with a little confident smile: ProDose(n) and YourDose(n). In case you have some alternatives, you could use ODE Poll (e.g., https://collab.ode.systems/opini...) to get your audience involved.