What are your favorite social networking apps?

Anxo Armada
14 replies
Could be a new product, an old one you miss or something we don't even know because it is flying under the radar. You also can comment why.

Replies

Paul Nica
Discord for sure. It used to be Instagram but since Facebook acquired it, they made a worse version of FB from it.
Anxo Armada
@paul_nica I agree with you, for exemple, I strongly believe in the power of Facebook Groups, but I think they don't work pretty well because they're inside FB. Do you use Discord with friends? Do you schedule IRL things from there?
Paul Nica
@anxo_armada I use it with friends and for personal interests (for example I'm a big keyboard enthusiast and I am a part of some really interesting groups on discord for that specific topic)
Bill Flitter
Recently I am finding myself being active on - Niche Facebook groups - Niche Discord groups. For example: https://community.indiestack.co/ - https://getmakerlog.com/ & Indiehackers - @Mapped
Anxo Armada
@mapped @billflitter Nice! Don't you find Facebook Groups is a great tool underused because is in Facebook? Indiehackers is very nice!
Anxo Armada
@srivatsamudumby that's a thing! Twitter is doing great, in the short-term we will see they adding subscriptions and virtual rooms. What do you think about? Do you use Twitter also for personal relationships or only work/hobbies/news?
Roman Pennell
I would have LinkedIn. I found that connections made on Facebook, Instagram, etc. were superficial, but relationships on LinkedIn are often mutually valuable and genuine.
Anxo Armada
@roman_pennell but only if you are very selective accepting contacts, it depends on your filter. Here the purpose can be very clear, just for business/work. What do you use for your personal relationships, if any?
thietkekhachsan
I use Facebook regularly, I also use a few other social networks, but facebook is the mainstay
Anxo Armada
@namcuong_kientruc does it work well to maintain friendships and do things together? or is it more informative?