What are your favorite social networking apps?

Anxo Armada
14 replies
Could be a new product, an old one you miss or something we don't even know because it is flying under the radar. You also can comment why.

Replies

Roman Pennell
I would have LinkedIn. I found that connections made on Facebook, Instagram, etc. were superficial, but relationships on LinkedIn are often mutually valuable and genuine.
Anxo Armada
@roman_pennell but only if you are very selective accepting contacts, it depends on your filter. Here the purpose can be very clear, just for business/work. What do you use for your personal relationships, if any?
Bill Flitter
Recently I am finding myself being active on - Niche Facebook groups - Niche Discord groups. For example: https://community.indiestack.co/ - https://getmakerlog.com/ & Indiehackers - @Mapped
Anxo Armada
@mapped @billflitter Nice! Don't you find Facebook Groups is a great tool underused because is in Facebook? Indiehackers is very nice!
Anxo Armada
@srivatsamudumby that's a thing! Twitter is doing great, in the short-term we will see they adding subscriptions and virtual rooms. What do you think about? Do you use Twitter also for personal relationships or only work/hobbies/news?
Paul Nica
Discord for sure. It used to be Instagram but since Facebook acquired it, they made a worse version of FB from it.
Anxo Armada
@paul_nica I agree with you, for exemple, I strongly believe in the power of Facebook Groups, but I think they don't work pretty well because they're inside FB. Do you use Discord with friends? Do you schedule IRL things from there?
Paul Nica
@anxo_armada I use it with friends and for personal interests (for example I'm a big keyboard enthusiast and I am a part of some really interesting groups on discord for that specific topic)
thietkekhachsan
I use Facebook regularly, I also use a few other social networks, but facebook is the mainstay
Anxo Armada
@namcuong_kientruc does it work well to maintain friendships and do things together? or is it more informative?