How many hours do you code each day?

Kalesh Kaladharan
17 replies

Replies

Vaibhav is SelfTalk.ing
I would say, it depends on the excitement I have to a project, haha!
Devanand Premkumar
@realdesigntack @andrefuchs So very true. It is the passion and excitement that matters and not the hours for a good project :)
Ali Attar
Try WakaTime for better estimates! 😊
Kalesh Kaladharan
@aliatttar Thank you for the suggestion! I am already using TimeCamp for monitoring my daily activities. But they don't have a timer on their MacOS widget. I like having a timer on my screen all the time. I think I should try this.
Andre
It's not about how many hours you code but how productive and effective you doing it.
Salil Sethi
Depends on what the priority for the day is. But if building a feature/product, then coding can go on for > 10hours
Devanand Premkumar
@salil_sethi True again. Priority and available timeline determines the effort. It is always a bliss when we reach impossible or hard to reach milestones. It is also true that you get a sense of fulfillment when we achieve that target or milestone planned.
Андрей Дегтярук
It depends. Sometimes I stay away from coding for weeks but on the other hand sometimes I code couple of days in row 20 hours a day :D
Kalesh Kaladharan
@hlogeon That sounds more like me. Though I like my 8 hour sleep. So it's more like 12-14 hours for me.
Yan Sidyakin
Can you really code productively for 10+ hours?🤔
Kalesh Kaladharan
@sidyakinian Yes, definitely! I've done it myself a few occasion. You can't do that everyday for a long period.
Андрей Дегтярук
@sidyakinian yes, sure. Imagine you love coding and you didn't code anything for 2-3 month. Sometimes it leads me to looong coding sessions. It's like you stay home couple of days and only code, eat and sleep :)