25 Days streak, 410+ Points! How to grow on PH ๐Ÿš€

Neel Patel
68 replies
Well, congratulations to me for keeping it real for 25 days straight. I wasn't even looking at the streak until PH sent a badge notification today. I am advised to celebrate little things(since I don't do it often!) so I would take this time to pat myself on the back and reflect a bit as I write this post. As some of you have asked me on LinkedIn about how to grow on Producthunt, I think it will also help others if I post here about my experience so far and how it could fastrack growth for others. Growing here is like any other things you start. You suck at first, you see nothing happening for days, you want to quit but you still give it a shot for a few more days/weeks and suddenly it starts to pay off. The core lever for growth is - deep engagement. Some pointers that can help: - Help others By adding value to their life in any form(signup to their services, upvote their launch, Share references etc.) - Share what you know, in depth. I really hate to see Yes/No, Really, cool tool etc. kind of short answers. That doesn't help anyone and you wouldn't go far with this kind of engagement. - Engagement It compounds as the time goes. - Connect with others Start connecting and interacting with members on their LinkedIn, Twitter. - Support generously. I made myself go a few steps beyond while supporting others(sharing what I feel as a comment, reposting on Linkedin,twitter etc.) - Join PH groups There are groups on LinkedIn, Whatsapp and elsewhere(let me know links so I put it here for others) I'd love to put some more pointers as I reflect more. I will edit this post. A lot more experienced people are here who may have more to share, feel free to drop in the comments.

Replies

Adelina Lemansky
Great! Thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜Ž
100% Neel, that's the way to go! Awesome you shared this milestone with us. :) Upvoted
Jinkal Patel
loved the insights, hubby!
Nicely explained, Neel. I am here with 51 Days streak, 265+ Points.
Neel Patel
@mehul_fanawala Amazing! Trying to get the hang of it more :) Saw you in the last SaaSBoomi event, we can connect when you come for any upcoming.
Mansi Trivedi
Great share! I totally agree, we all suck at the beginning. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚ I've got a little 23 days with a small little "๐Ÿ”ฎ" streak. I'm not gonna loose this one!
Maria Anosova ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Thanks for the useful information! I'll wait for the supplement.
Maria Anosova ๐Ÿ”ฅ
@neelptl2602 thanks for the useful information! I'll wait for the supplement. My result 23/471
thanks alot for your insightful share. PH groups on LinkedIn, Whatsapp...really? can you please share them, I want to check them and be part too ๐Ÿ™
Neel Patel
@mehmet_yitmen1 Hey๐Ÿ‘‹ for sure. Let me get back to you once Iโ€™m on laptop!
Neel Patel
@mehmet_yitmen1 Hey, @rohanrecommends runs a great group on Whatsapp which could be of help. Name is - Invincible Product Hunters 2.0 You can connect with him to get an invite. LinkedIn groups you can find by simply searching Producthunt on LinkedIn.
Artyom Sviridov
Thanks for sharing and giving a glimpse into your journey. And wish you luck with further endeavors! I'm on 66 day streak with 577 points as of now.
Erick Philbert
Thanks for sharing bro...
Alex Rodukov
Thanks for sharing!
Mizanur Rahman
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing
Mathis Vella
Congrats Neel! I'm also at 25 day streak but a lot less points that you :)
David strc
Thanks for the useful information! I'll wait for the supplement.
Esus ๐Ÿ›ก๏ธ
Congrats Neel, see you around quite often and appreciate you putting thought into your comments ๐Ÿš€
Neel Patel
@esus Thanks! Youโ€™re also adding a ton of value here. Thanks and appreciate you for doing that buddy :)
Andrii Shekhirev
Thanks for the tips! Tried joining the LinkedIn PH launch group and got bombarded with unpersonalized messages to upvote random launches - quickly exited the group :)
Jennifer McKnight
That are some impressive stats. Congrats on the great achievement.
Armind Hash
Wow. I just lost my 7 days streak though I was active yesterday. It is showing 1 day today. :(
Neel Patel
@armind_hash oops.. happens but donโ€™t worry about it. Streak isnโ€™t very important. Being active and contributing positively is.
Jules Essen
Nice one Neel! Do you have any whatsapp groups to share? I'd love to take part in it with other PH members!
Neel Patel
@julesfyt Hey, @rohanrecommends runs a great group on Whatsapp which could be of help. Name is - Invincible Product Hunters 2.0 You can connect with him to get an invite. LinkedIn groups you can find by simply searching Producthunt on LinkedIn.