What do you use to take notes?

JesperBylund
16 replies

Replies

Romain OUZEAU
Notion is my go to :)
JesperBylund
@romain_ouzeau Notion is great. :) Do you have a preferred setup?
Andre
Pen and paper and a Google Sheets bullet list works for me.
JesperBylund
@andrefuchs Thanks! Do you always bullet things out?
Elen Udovichenko
Google Keep has been working pretty great for me!
Elen Udovichenko
@jesperbylund1 I just pin the most important notes to the top and sort the rest using different colors. Also, archive notes you no longer need instead of deleting them (and do so often).
Vinay
Notebook by Zoho (Work) and Notes from Apple (Home) for iCloud Sync across devices.
JesperBylund
@ivinay Do you put specific things into one or the other? Or how do you find notes later?
Sam and Janis Allen
with pen and paper I can write just about anything; bullet points, flow charts, diagrams, prototype UIs, or tables. Except photos. I can't do photos.
JesperBylund
@samandjanisallen I tried using iPad Pro + pencil so I could do everything. But I missed something from paper... How do you find stuff afterwards?
Sam and Janis Allen
@jesperbylund1 Yes, I too have tried the iPad Pro with Logitech Crayon and a "paper like" matt screen protector (forgot the brand, it was a loan pad) and I liked it a lot - it felt convincingly like actual pencil friction! I reverted to paper though since I can flip through a lot of pages quickly, or rip out notes and lay them all out on table together. However, if I want to keep a note book in one piece without ripping pages out and making it look like an artifact from a viking raid, I usually put keyword titles in the upper-right corner of the page. I can then flick through it (like those flip book animations) to find what I want. eventually.
Silvia
Pen & paper for sketching; Google Keep for to-dos; and our app Pointo for voice/audio notes, like a personal dictaphone thing.