@abadesi almost all events I attend are through Meetup, Eventbrite or Facebook. But I find it interesting that there might be a growing trend of using Instagram to organize events. This article touches on this a bit https://www.theatlantic.com/tech...
@abadesi Well I prefer both Facebook & Eventbrite for the following reasons:
1. The Facebook algorithm makes sure that your event is shown to nearby people or to those who might be interested in that event.
2. It creates a channel where people can discuss or ask questions related to it.
3. Once someone clicks on 'Going' or 'Interested', they always get notification whenever you post something on the event page. This gets you a lot of engagement at no cost.
1. If your event is generic which people might search for (eg. 'New Year Party' or 'Match Screening') then eventbrite can get you traffic from Google as many people search for these events on Google.
2. Easier to sell event tickets.
Hey, what were your final conclusions?
I'm searching for an easy platform to manage online events. Started with Eventbrite, but I find it not good enough. Meetup.com almost fits the bill, but it is not made for online and I have to pay a subscription fee also.