Oculus Quest's news
- LaunchQuest 2 pushes the state of VR forward with a redesigned all-in-one form factor, new Touch controllers, and our highest-resolution display ever. Quest 2 starts at $299 USD—$100 USD less than the original Quest.•
We’re excited to usher in the next era of VR gaming with the introduction of Oculus Quest, our first all-in-one VR gaming system. Oculus Quest makes it easy to jump right into the action—with no PC, no wires, and no external sensors.•
Questions about Oculus Quest
No, Oculus Quest 2 is not officially compatible with any Playstation console.
Sony has confirmed the release of their own VR headset next year, and it makes sense that they'd want their players to solely use their own products.
Unfortunately, researchers say that yes, Virtual Reality headsets "may cause eye problems, although there's no evidence of long-term damage."
The effects of wearing VR headsets include eye strain, discomfort, fatigue, and blurred vision.
It is important that all users listen to their body and discontinue using their VR headset if they experience any eye discomfort. If eye strain and discomfort are persistent, please discontinue use and consult with an eye doctor for a comprehensive eye exam.
- It has 6 GB of Ram, which is a 50% increase from the original.
- The base Quest 2 has 64 GB of storage, and the premium model has 256GB of storage.
- The Oculus Quest 2 is also lighter and more comfortable to wear
- Less expensive at $299
- Lens inside headset can be moved to three different positions based on face size and shape
- Controllers offer better rests for your thumbs
- Now powered by disposable batteries which are less efficient yet more convenient than plugging in controller to charge
For those interested in one of the best VR headsets and experiences available, and who don't mind the $299 price tag (plus additional money for games), then the Oculus Quest 2 is a fun and worthwhile investment.