YouTube or Tiktok for marketing?

Anil Matcha
121 replies

Replies

Roman Gordy
TikTok recently became surprisingly effective for b2b ad campaigns (short formats), while YouTube's short reels are not as effective
Neha Banta
In India, TikTok is not available as an option, yet businesses and even individuals are experiencing excellent success through YouTube platform.
Janusz Mirowski
Depends. TikTok is easier to get traffic but it's very hard to find customer. Youtube if you will do it correctly will give you more customers but it's very hard to get traffic :)
Hemalatha Rajendran
For b2b its YouTube and for b2c both
Calli
@hemalatha_rajendran that's a helpful distinction, what kind of content goes for each? Would YouTube be demos and more professional videos?
Drew_Quinn
I think both, but Youtube more convenience
Michael Stan
@cloodoworkspace more convinience? can you alaborate?
Erkin Bek
Why don't we use both platforms? :) I don't think they contradict each other.
TikTok collects more data so it's easier to reach the right audience with less ad spend. However, you get more attention span on YouTube. In the end, if you have a good and organic-looking ad creative, you can hook your target audience which will get you results irrespective of platform.
Anna Starodub
It really depends on your goals and audience. For example for my company (we developing a JavaScript library for web reporting), YouTube is the best platform for sharing tutorials, tips, and tricks.
Lena Ross
It depends on your specific goals, target audience, and content strategy. Both YouTube and TikTok have their strengths and weaknesses for marketing purposes. If your target audience is primarily younger, say, Generation Z or Millennials, TikTok may be more effective due to its younger user base. If your audience is diverse in terms of age, YouTube might be a better choice as it caters to a broader age range. YouTube is known for longer-form content, making it suitable for in-depth tutorials, reviews, and storytelling. TikTok thrives on short, attention-grabbing videos, making it ideal for quick, engaging content that can go viral.
Theodore Liam
Although TikTok is not an option, businesses and even individuals are having great success using the YouTube platform.
Prem Saini
YouTube is the best option for a thorough and involved audience experience in the Indian market.
Elizabeth Fox
YouTube is the best option!
Neder Ghadhab
it all depends on what kind of audience you want to reach and what kind of content you want to publish. Long videos do best on youtube, short videos on tiktok, but the question is, are your potential customers on those platforms? What types of content do they want to receive?
Žiga Kerec
Everybody is saying both - I agree with that. I also understand you have to pick one first, otherwise, it is just too overwhelming. If your product is something that needs a bit more in-depth overview and can benefit from a longer form (TV-like) format then start with YouTube. If your content is wittier and your product can benefit from short-form, possibly humorous content - TikTok. Eventually, you're gonna do both.