Your personal opinion on Microsoft Teams?

Andreas Metzger
7 replies
In the last months I've talked to a couple of people about the communication tool they are using at work and surprisingly many of them said they disliked MS Teams, even though it is so widely used everywhere. The biggest reason was that they found the UI overloaded and hard to navigate, others said it was What's your personal opinion?

Replies

Kat Pim
team have improved a lot over time.
Andreas Metzger
@kat_pim That implies that there was a lot to improve. 😄 What has your experience been?
Nolan Wang
I think in today's business world you're either in google suite or in msft suite. For companies in msft suite, teams make thing extremely integrated and easy to use. I love it at my last company because everything was MS, the share drive, the word excel ppt, teams. But then I moved to a new company and got into a new product ecosystem and suddenly teams becomes really hard to be integrated into the workflow.
Hjalte Niehorster
It is not a great product on Mac.... Heavy for your memory and I simply don't like the design.
Andreas Metzger
@hhn Do you have an alternative recommendation?
Andreas Metzger
@hhn Yeah Slack is great. When we started our company 9 months ago we also went for the Gsuite and we saw that it now includes Google Chat as well, which is a Slack clone but integrated into the rest, so we tried it out. Haven't regretted it so far!