Your customers are your best copywriters. But if you ask the right questions 👇

Olena Bomko
34 replies
I've prepared my favorite customer interview questions you should ask to improve your messaging and copywriting. 1. What problems were you trying to solve when you first looked for [product]? 2. Where did you first hear about [product]? 3. When it comes to [product], what is your #1 goal? 4. How were you solving the problem before using [product]? What was frustrating to you? 5. What attracted you to [product]? 6. What objections did you have when considering [product]? 7. What convinced you to give [product] a try? 8. How has our product changed your job and daily routine? 9. What can you do after getting [product] that you could not before? 10. How would you describe [product] to your colleagues? 11. What tools did you consider? 12. What made you choose [product] over our competitors? 13. Is it clear who this product is for and what it does? 14. What are your top 3 questions about [product]? 15. What information were you looking for and couldn’t find on our website? 16. If you could no longer use [product], what would you do? 17. What are the main business results you've received? 18. Do you have any numbers (sales, efficiency) you can share? 19. What have you been able to do with the time, money, and resources you've saved?

Replies

Ruhi
Thanks for sharing Olena🙂
Andrii Shekhirev
"If you would associate [product] with a famous person, who would that be?" :)
Alex Kim
That helps a lot! Olena. I have learned a lot from you.
Claudiu Cogalniceanu
Great questions! Will definitely use these in my user interviews😀
Mathis Vella
19 questions to unlock the secrets of your customer's soul... or at least figure out if they like your product :) 🗝️ Thanks @olenabomko !
Aditya Chavan
@ I have been using using Amazon Reviews as ad copies since last 5 years and can totally resonate with you. Thank you for sharing these questions.
Alex Rodukov
Thank you for sharing Olena!
Jules Essen
Good Questions!! Some others are: Can you share a specific success story or accomplishment that you attribute to using [product]? Have you recommended [product] to others, and if so, what feedback have you received from them?
Peter Hansen
Thank you, Olena! This is excellent advice!
Thanks for the share @olenabomko !
Jao Japitana
Love this so much! Thank you for sharing this! These are really great questions. Really useful especially for our user interviews
Anthony Latona
These are great - do you tend to pick and choose or ask all of them? Is it better over the phone or is there a tool you use to capture their answers?
Olena Bomko
@anthony_latona Thank you 😊 Choose the best questions for your use case. Don't ask them all. Via Zoom or Google Meet. + I'm testing Fathom right now.
Ms Courtney Jones
Great questions. I really like number 15. Thanks for the insight!
Emma Jonshon
I've used a few of these questions before, but this comprehensive list is gold! Excited to see how it elevates my next campaign.
Aarav Krishna
I agree and great question suggestions.
Xavier Jam
Interesting discussion. Thanks for sharing
Mahsum Akbaş
You really share great things. You are a wise person that share your valuable expereince.
Daniel S
Launching soon!
Nice list 👍
Rami - Browsingbuddies.com
The original statement is true, IMO. What I noticed is the high quality reviews require a lot of "genuine" interactions between me and the customer. If I treat them like a one-off customer then they act like one and it is pretty much impossible to scale making every customer feel special and valued.