Would you try real-time audio-only dating?

Leo Spanovic
14 replies
Hey everyone, I am doing market fit for the app that would be limited only to the audio experience. I hypothesize that removing visuals, focusing only on audio could lead to a more meaningful connection. On the other hand, this approach would require more input from the subject itself. The main question is if the reward you can get from such a talk would justify the input needed to get it. What are your thoughts on the subject? Thanks for sharing!

Replies

Kirman Smith
Hello friends! I was always thinking about how to start chatting with guys and girls but online dating remains my favorite place. With https://www.bangmatures.com/ special mature adult dating you don't need to think too much. People right there are really kind, can chat with you without any problems and especially if you need to start some strong and real relationships.
David Tran
I agree that audio brings real connection but image is really important for me. I wouldn't date anyone that too far away from my looks expectation. I think you can remove chating feature from your dating app.
Leo Spanovic
@davidtranwd thanks for sharing! Would you invest some time into chatting with someone before you see visual of him? Or visual first is the most
David Tran
@smukec I spent a lot of time on dating apps so I am not going to waste my time anymore. So I don't want to waste time to chat with someone I don't like visually either.
Leo Spanovic
@davidtranwd I got it! I am still curious might do it as experiment only. I am really temped to leave visuals at least in first step to people imagination. In case you get a match-match you can take it to the next level
Michael Ventures
Its funny that you mention this. On clubhouse i am starting to see a lot of dating rooms popping up. And a few people have actually went on a few date's from these room. Like david tran said you still need a visual aspect but it can work. in reality this reminds me of the old chat lines / party lines that use to come on late at night. They were super successful back in the day.
Leo Spanovic
@inumel I remember mIrc times - you didn't have any visuals then, but connections were still made. I will probably go to with experiment at least to see what's gonna happen.
Gnana
At @youremarks, we take a different approach to building a social community when everyone in the startup ecosystem moves towards different mediums like audio and videos. We see the scope to improve our tried and tested text-based communication and currently experiment with a social app that leverages how our minds work. Our app is called @youremarks — we are solving issues inherent with text-based communication. To make it exciting and rewarding to the users, we have combined the goodness of @twitter and @hqtrivia and added more elements to achieve our objective. We are going live this week, Feb 18th, 2021. I want to invite you guys all to explore what we have to offer and share your feedback.
Brittany Salas
Yes! Have you seen Love is Blind? Spoiler: It was terrible. Nevertheless, I believe there are humans capable of a creating a sexual attraction based on conversation, maybe enough to build a product for :) Dating apps are a terrible experience, any innovation in this area is much needed.
Kate Middle
It's a great idea. Think about a huge variety of dating apps. All are based on images. So this is a fresh idea. I think when writing you can make up any story you want, but when you speak with someone you'll express your genuine feelings. I take as an example silver dating app. IMHO, it's great there are apps for senior people, but would't they be more popular if they had an audio option?
Osborn Tyler
You may have heard of the online dating site Eastern Honeys, but what exactly are they? What do they look for in a woman? Is the eastern honeys user experience any good? Let's find out! Eastern Honeys has an active community of over 25 million people and has a very friendly and helpful support staff. These women are 25 to 35 years old, with a wide variety of interests and lifestyles. The Eastern Honeys community is growing and the administration is constantly striving to make the dating experience safe and enjoyable for all its users.