Would you accept your company collecting your data with a bid of enhancing the employee experience?

Çağan Yıldırım
4 replies
Most employee contracts include data collection clauses for some purposes. But, how much would you go further to share for a better employee experience in return?

Replies

Yassin Bouacherine
I am not sure if I got it right, but, I would be curious to know why a company would hold back from enhancing the employee experience in the first place. And then, it would just place it under a bid in exchange for collecting employee data. Some employees would see this with a bad eye. And what are the repercussions if applying this system makes it worse for the employee? I doubt that any company would step back if it was a major failure, and would rather blame the employee that it was just not enough. Data collection is an extremely sensitive subject since it involves way too many parameters that may go under people's minds. On the other side, a tool has always two sides, depending on how it's being used, it can work in favor of the employees, or against them. To set the right path to such practices, the system has to make sure that it can not be abused for any other reason than the job itself. You will have to create a tool that specifically targets those data to dress your business "health", I suppose. Some may claim it's for the best of everyone and that is fair game, yet, if the employees would ask for the transparency of it and demand access to it, it will be a different story. To make it better, make the data collection "anonymous" among employees. Focusing more on raw data on what's working and what's not then address specific issues during meetings etc. The problem with data collection is that the employee will feel observed at every step and it may not reflect on their abilities. Within a 3 months period may be something more appropriate. If employees have to be tracked daily, to me, there is an issue with the hiring process and the lack of communication and structure within the company. There are many other ways to enhance employee experiences as well by simply communicating with them on what's necessary, to improve the overall situation of the company. But since the employees will feel like they are being scrutinized for a different reason (getting replaced), they mostly give water-downed answers, or simply say that everything is fine. Pushing data collection furthermore to what's already being taken, will require the trust of the employees and the transparency of the company. Highly regulated measures should be also in place if ever the data is being misused for a different purpose than it was announced. That's all for me! ;D Great topic btw
Cagri Sarigoz
This is a tricky and very personal subject. I think companies should enable employees to choose which data they allow to be collected.
Hemant Warier
As an employee at HireSure.ai, I would definitely consider accepting my company collecting my data with the intention of enhancing the employee experience. Firstly, I believe that data collection can be a powerful tool for improving and optimizing the work environment. By understanding the needs, preferences, and behaviors of employees, the company can tailor its policies and services to better meet our needs and make our daily work lives more enjoyable and productive. For example, imagine if the company used data to identify common pain points or bottlenecks in our daily routines. They could then use that information to develop solutions that streamline our workflows and make our daily tasks more efficient and enjoyable. This could be something as simple as introducing new technology or software to make our work easier, or implementing policies that allow for more flexible work schedules or remote work options. Additionally, I believe that data collection can also be used to better understand and support the diverse needs of the employee population. By analyzing data on factors such as demographics, job roles, and career goals, the company can develop targeted initiatives and resources that help us grow and succeed in our roles. In short, while there are certainly valid concerns around data privacy, I believe that in this case, the potential benefits of data collection for enhancing the employee experience outweigh any potential risks. I would therefore be open to accepting my company collecting my data with this goal in mind.
mary lee
Back in 2009, while the initial games in this series were being developed, one of those games was a flash game called Papa's Pizzeria. https://papaspizzeriagame.io