Will no-code need coding?

Fabian Maume
4 replies
That is quite an interesting question, I keep on going back from time to time. No-code and low-code can help save a lot of development time but it is quite boring to use a drag and drop interface when you are a developer. Furthermore, there are a few things you might want to code from scratch to make sure, it is efficient. I'm pretty sure that the future of low-code will involve some hybrid work: Visual builder for non-essential features Coding for application critic component What do you think? PS: I'm hunting Jetveo today, which enables a hybrid coding approach.

Replies

Alissa Anne Pagano
As not-a-developer, I hope no- and low-code doesn't become hybrid in that critical components *require* coding. But already they're so much more powerful/versatile with custom code. So I wouldn't be surprised if things evolve in that direction.
Fabian Maume
@alissaannepagano Which no code tool are you using?
Alissa Anne Pagano
@fabian_maume No one seems to count it but I've always enjoyed working with WordPress, so that's just my go-to! Otherwise just a bit of an explorer and try things (Notion, Webflow, Carrd, Milkshake.app) as I come across them, since I don't actively build much.
Pian Istien
No code will become super important in the futur, but it will still required development work for the critical part of the app.