Will ChatGPT become a tool for Spammers ?

Manas Sharma
15 replies
If you have tried GPT you know there is a certain style in which OpenAI writes. Since last week I became a little active on this platform to promote the launch of my upcoming product. I have started noticing a certain type of responses to my posts that look very much written by a bot. Do you see these AI answer patterns too? And more importantly, do you think spammers will flood the good internet as we know it with AI generated content?

Replies

Nik McFly
Do you see these AI answer patterns too? Yes And more importantly, do you think spammers will flood the good internet as we know it with AI generated content? Yes. And it will be impossible to find the difference
Manas Sharma
@nikmcfly I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™
Spanith Pusala
It is possible that ChatGPT could be used by spammers to create automated messages, but it is ultimately up to the users of the tool to decide how it is used. It is important for users to use technology ethically and responsibly.
Manas Sharma
@spanith_pusala I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ We have devoted nearly a year to developing this project and I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™
Henry Miller
ChatGPT can be used to generate text, so in theory it could be used to produce spam messages.
Manas Sharma
@henrymiller I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ We have devoted nearly a year to developing this project and I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™
Imtiyaz
There is a high chance that this can be the case. With great power comes great responsibility
Manas Sharma
@imtiyaz922 I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ We have devoted nearly a year to developing this project and I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™
Richard Gao
I would say that if you get a sophisticated response with ChatGPT related to your post, then that is not spam; someone is just using AI assist to respond to you much like you're using a keyboard. AI is just a tool. However, this can present separate issues. If future AIs are trained on a corpus of text produced mostly by other AIs, then they're not actually learning anything new, and could exacerbate biases. So even if people don't spam, it's still a problem we'll have to resolve when AI gets more widespread in the future. Although if I were to answer you directly, I think actual spammers will just just be able to produce a greater volume of spam. Not to different than spammers moving from physical mail to email once the internet became widespread.
Esat Artug
Ultimately, it will depend on how it is used by individuals and organizations.
Manas Sharma
@esat_artug I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ We have devoted nearly a year to developing this project and I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™
MANOJ DAVE
Everything text based can be a tool for spammers
Manas Sharma
@manoj_dave I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™
Jan ZΓ‘veskΓ½
Yes, now it's sure. I'm trying to elaborate on this in the context of Product Hunt comments https://www.producthunt.com/disc...