Which garden would you rather cultivate your writing in?

John McTavish
6 replies
Which do you prefer for pairing short posts with regular newsletters?

Replies

Ender
I would rather code my own digital garden with hand-written HTML and maybe a Mailchimp newsletter! For me, the point of writing is to leave social media, and to reflect on my thoughts in a public journal, so intertwining my writing life with social media defeats the purpose. Even though my writing is quite popular, I have never worked on creating a newsletter or monetizing my writing. I know how to, but my digital garden is meant to allow readers to reflect and contemplate, not to bombard them with more calls to action and pop-ups etc. I’m not sure if you were referring to digital gardens in the title for this post: https://maggieappleton.com/garde...
John McTavish
@enderm that's rad! I was referring to the "walled gardens" that I chose as poll options. From the post you linked, this quote stands out for me: "Joel focused on the process of digital gardening, emphasising the slow growth of ideas through writing, rewriting, editing, and revising thoughts in public." I think part of that process can happen on a social media platform, part can happen on a personal site, and parts can be shared in newsletter form.
Banon
Garden flies can indeed become a nuisance. They can carry diseases and contaminate food. However, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them. One of the most important things to remember is that cleanliness is key. gardenprofy
Mark Lense
I studied landscaping at the university and I like this direction, as it is associated with landscaping and beauty. Recently, we have new neighbors and they moved into a new house where there was a completely empty piece of land and I suggested that they make a garden there so that it harmoniously fits into the atmosphere of the surrounding houses. I recommended that they contact https://aerogarden.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html for advice on landscaping their site and they said they plan to do so soon. Perhaps you will also be interested in this.
erwin smith
After the renovations conclude, bring the whole family along. I lean towards artificial materials due to their extended durability, surpassing that of artificial turf. Moreover, they consistently exude a fresh and inviting look, ideal for kids to enjoy their playtime.