Which authentication services do you use in your application?

Niklas Mengele
10 replies
Authentication is very crucial part in most applications. I have a big journey of using different authentication services. All started with AWS Cognito. Unfortunately, there were a lot of headaches with restrictions or functions that were missing. We then switched to Auth0. We then switched to Frontegg, as they are perfect for a SaaS.

Replies

Vincent Delitz
If you're looking for a passkey-first (passwordless) authentication solution, you could check out what we're building at Corbado - maybe it's interesting for you.
Coro
I prefer to handle the authentication part myself. It just feels more safe and you don't have to rely on a third party for authentication. I typically go for session based approach using redis, this way I can keep track of the user's sessions and revoke them on demand.
Swayam
OAuth 2.0
Niklas Mengele
@swayammi7 under the hood we use as well OAuth 2.0. Did you implemented it in your application by your self or do you use a library or service?
Jamie L
I've had a similar journey, Niklas, starting with Firebase Authentication for its ease of integration, but recently I've been leaning towards Okta for its robustness and developer-friendly experience, especially for enterprise-level applications. It's fascinating how each service has its unique strengths!
Vincent Xu
Niklas, it seems you've had quite the journey with authentication services! We've settled on using Firebase Authentication for its ease of integration and scalability, which has been a game-changer for our SaaS platform.
Sophia Williams
Niklas, it sounds like you've had quite the journey finding the right fit for authentication services. We've been using Firebase Authentication for its ease of integration and flexibility, but your experience with Frontegg is definitely something I'll consider for our SaaS needs.
Jennifer McKnight
We use secure login systems like OAuth and password authentication
Michael Gonzalez
We use password based authentication and multi-factor authentication
Joel Coutinho
SuperTokens is a great option. They developer experience is great, managed service pricing is reasonable and their Open Source, so you always have the option to self-host