Where do you find inspiration for your next post?

Janak Patel
16 replies
I usually go through PH, Twitter, LinkedIn, and sometimes Reddit to find the latest topics, questions, answers, and discussions to create the latest content for personal posts on my Twitter, and LinkedIn. Recently, I find the PH community is providing a great source of inspiration for content. What is your routine? How do you finalize the design and final copy?

Replies

Sudeshna Roy
I keep a journal of interesting ideas I come across daily on Notion. Just a 2-3 line summary along with a link to the source material. Weekly I consolidate this list, categorize it, scrap ideas that seem irrelevant and add notes to the rest (i.e. where/how do I intend to use that information) That journal serves as my idea/inspiration for long and short term content. (you can find more about this kind of note taking/ categorizing information in Building a Second Brain)
Janak Patel
@sudeshna_roy It seems organized way. I am still finding ways to become organized. I started Notion note-taking but not consistent. I was thinking yesterday if there is a tool that can help send me collect the idea content from anywhere on the internet and send it directly on the notion or other collections tool with one click. I thought if I can find that tool or some great idea.
Neha Khan
I see twitter for trendings and that really help me out
Janak Patel
@neha_khan78 Yes I have a question, so you go into the advanced filter and search for trendings tweets for your domain keywords. How do you get trends? I usually check my feed and see a ton of viral tweets, however, those are good for Twitter not for LI that's what I feel. What is your approach?
Chris Watson
Yes, Product Hunt and Reddit are worthy to find new content ideas!
Erkin Bek
This is my pain too I usually surf the Internet a lot and watch everything. But usually the ideas themselves come when the deadline approaches. I know it's not good :) and you don't do that
Janak Patel
@santiago_gutierrez2 How do you manage the content collection (drafting) and design part?
Aida Zu
I have a folder with the content I like and see interesting. Just a place where I can find something sparking. You should have one as well - this is my MUST DO advice for all
Janak Patel
@aidai_zu You meant the Bookmark folder on Chrome?
Mei
I write down ideas that come to me. I don't have a specific time blocked to ideate so keep adding to my file of ideas as and when I get inspired.