When will ads be coming to ChatGPT?

Richard Gao
8 replies
Wonder when ads will be coming soon to the ChatGPT interface? We know OpenAI collects our data, so curious to see how the targeted ads look 🤔 Also the cost as well

Replies

Khawar Iqbal
ChatGPT doesn't currently have any plans to display ads within its conversation interface. They are focus on providing users with high-quality responses to their questions and engaging in meaningful conversations. That being said, if you're interested in exploring ways to monetize your use of ChatGPT, you might consider checking out promptigo.com. They offer prompts and tips for generating the best articles and answers using AI technology, which could be a valuable resource if you're looking to create content for a blog or website. Ultimately, whether or not you decide to use promptigo.com or any other resources to monetize your use of ChatGPT is up to you. However, as the technology continues to evolve and more businesses adopt AI-based tools for customer support and communication, it's possible that we may see new advertising opportunities emerge in the future. For now, though, our focus remains on providing the best possible user experience for our users.
Hossein Yazdi
I don't think they'll ever rely on ads for generating revenue. Ads don't seem to be a suitable choice for AI companies specifically the giant one like ChatGPT.
Solomon Bush
How do we know Ads aren't already there?
Imran Ahmad
I do no thing ads will ever come to chatGPT. So browsers using chatGPT can show the ads but chatGPT will not. They already have paid version(gpt-4), I highly doubt about the ads. The will use gpt-3 for user acquisition.
Eden
That’s an interesting question, I wonder if there will be companies who can pay to be on the top of a list for questions like “what’s the best robot vacuum out there?”
Robert Paul Kersbergen
Bing is already including Ads in their GPT interface but it impacts the user experience negatively. I think ads will be pay per lead instead of pay per click. Hotels: Assuming we’ll move to voice more, AI will ask you if you want to book any of those hotels and guide you through the process while getting paid a percentage for that lead. I think that we will move from less organic to more paid since the informational searches will be answered in the AI interface. Although this is another discussion: The black box format of AI and inability to do your own research could make us all more ignorant, so I hope that there is a way to verify results and dive in deeper.