What tool do you use for maintenance of work-life balance?

Ksusha
30 replies
Sometimes I have problems with work-life balance: most of the time I overwork. And I thought, maybe some tools can help with it. Can u share your favorite tools and explain how they help with your work-life balance?

Replies

Juilee Mahimkar
At the moment I just use the basic timer with a prominent alarm tone. I try not to stretch it for too long, max 10 mins snooze and then I just get away from technology. Go around the house chatting with family members or just sit by myself reading book, etc I think it's really about disciplining ourselves. Just like we try to get things done on time, we also need to unwind on time. Being aware of your time and state of mind really helps.
Paul Mit
I only use offline methods to stay in balance. No online tools! Too much digital around. Walking, running, family. Or just enjoying the sunset ๐ŸŒ‡ after a 12-hour workday ๐Ÿ˜…
Artem Frolov
Calendar. Work calendar, my personal calendar, and calendar shared with my wife are different colors. Looking at my week gives me the immediate visual feedback on wlb.
Jennifer Guerra
@afrolov the calendar is definitely useful, I also use it for my work and personal life, and try to block some time a day to just focus on any hobby or just go take a walk
Paul Mit
@afrolov @jennifer_guerra I used to keep calendars, schedules, and precise timings, too, but at some point I realized that I didn't control them, they controlled me. So I started introducing some creative chaos into my schedule to add spontaneity.
Ksusha
@afrolov yeah, good idea, do u have notifications on phone of each event in both calendars?
Nimesha Buvanendran
@afrolov that's a great idea. You might also want to check out https://www.producthunt.com/post... as you can easily manage your work meetings. This also has the feature of syncing with Google and Outlook calendars.
Swertresresult Today
Calendars shared with my wife, my work calendar, and my personal calendar are all different colors. I get immediate feedback on my work week by looking at my week. https://swertresresults.today/
Sonia Kost
I don't really like any time management techniques and tools based on them, I am a strong believer in listening to your own body and getting off all the devices when your back and eyes hurt and your head feels like it's about to explode :)
Ksusha
@sonya_key_ thank you, i will think about it! Because i was agree that some tools can help, but my body knows more what it needs for sure!
Raphael S.
Any calendar is the most important for me, being able to see how much time I am spending each day on work and life at a glance makes everything easy to manage ๐Ÿ“…
Aleks Dahlberg
Yoga and rock climbing!
Launching soon!
Discipline is the best tool for work-life balance, And I use that for this purpose. I do not use any digital tools for this.
Piotr Borkowicz
Yoga in between all these online meetings helps a bit, also it's a good start/end of the day, throws off a lot of tension from you, as tension and stress accumulate in the body you need to take care of healthy mechanisms to regulate them. I try not to work more than 8 hours a day, if I have a full day of meetings it is difficult to find time for so called deep work. Properly set goals give you a lot and of course the culture of the organization in which you work. It is difficult to have a good work-life balance if the company does not support such an approach. From specific techniques / tools, I think of direct contact with nature, with devices turned off, I often turn off notifications, you can also make time for yourself during the day when you're answering on messages from your teammates. This makes you less overloaded with information.
Ksusha
@peter_borkowicz good advices, thank you for the answer๐Ÿ˜‡
Varun Kodnani
Hey Ksusha, Flowace helps individuals increase their productivity by helping them achieve deep work and improving work life balance as a byproduct
Vlada Vlada
Many people, most of them, have problems with work-life balance. And this is perfectly normal when you want to be as involved as possible. My life was so unbalanced that I became severely depressed. I couldn't control my emotions and thoughts and couldn't even be active in my professional or private life. Then I realized that these disorders would not do me any good. The tool that helped me get rid of depression and, at the same time, balance my personal and private life was the therapy from https://aztherapyquest.com/. Since then, I have started to feel much better and balance my life correctly.
Tedel
I use living things: my family talks to me, my dogs remind me when it is time to pet them, selected humans (a.k.a. friends) say hello in person or by phone quite often too.
soylakate
TMetric. It's a time tracker that helps me do my work without overworking and sacrificing work-life balance. The app records my work hours and activity, thanks to it I always know my productivity peaks and plan the workload effectively. Since it records every minute (every second even!) of my work time, I watch it not to overwork: the time page shows the number of hours I have to work a day (it's configured in the settings). The tool is really a helpful solution for flexible time management and effective workflows.
Santa
Our own - tira.so We designed a productivity workspace - tira.so - where startups can communicate with the team, manage all the projects and tasks, and keep track of the schedule. All from one place. Thereโ€™s no need to switch between apps. We've also got a pretty cool drag & drop feature where you can drag a task to a chat and edit it directly in the chat. We are working on launching Tira on Sep 15th.