What small thing you do during the work day, that significally improves your emotional wellbeing?

Ilya Uglianitsa
30 replies
I WFH, so for me its as simple as go outside and grab some coffee. But i guess this small joys are really important. Do you have one? Is there is anything, except of coffee, you would recommend people to try?

Replies

Syha
Tea and music does wonders for me :D
Ivan Smaliany
Competitive games help me. It can be anything from tennis to card games. It doesn't feel like work and it switches my brain. It also gives me an excuse to meet up with friends and socialize =)
Ilya Uglianitsa
@ivan_smaliany yeah, i guess tennis definitely could work. Thanks!
Aliaksandr Kandratsiuk
@ivan_smaliany You mean PC games or you play tennis on the real court?))
Ilya Uglianitsa
@xander_off real court :) At least for me it works only with full offline
Aliaksandr Kandratsiuk
I would say it is a lunch with smb out of the team/company I work for.
Zuza Bukala
GIFs! are they not the essence of a small joy ;)
Ilya Uglianitsa
@zuza_bukala they are! Do you use them on work chats or something like this?
Zuza Bukala
@ilya_uglianitsa yes, I do. I think they bring a bit of lightheartedness to otherwise very factual and dry work chat conversations, especially when the team is remote. In a company, I worked for at the beginning of covid, when we first went remote and it was still strange, we did this exercise at the start of the day to send a gif that shows how you feel. And it really helped to connect and be more empathetic.
Launching soon!
Some small things that I do to keep my emotional well-being include: 1. Spending time with family and close friends. 2. Practicing yoga and meditation regularly. 3. Eating healthy foods. 4. Writing a journal. 5. Being grateful for what I have.
Rich Watson
Either funny or informative YouTube videos or posts.
Rehan Choudhry
Going to the gym 4 days/week has changed everything for me. It’s the first thing I do.
Katerina Gerasimovich
self-massage πŸ’†πŸ½β€β™€οΈ
Francesca Santana
Take an hour-long walk on the trail near my office
X-SURE
I'm a cryptocurrency investor, and I often feel anxious when I track the price trend every day. So I build my own crypto ticker with the cool appearance theme, reduce the noise from the web page, then I feel more relaxed when I track the price, my product understands me :D
Margarita Shvetsova
For me, it's a lunch break starting from 1pm or 2pm - with good food, no phone and disconnect from work! Breaks are important to restore one's energy.
Anna Kanstantsinava
Definitely a walk in the park improves my mental and physical well-being. Stupid walk for stupid mental health, you know :)
Ilya Uglianitsa
@vedmarka and the most 'annoing thing' - this stupid walks are effective πŸ˜…
Gaurav Goyal
For me, having a 5-min chat with my little one works perfectly for me. Working remotely, I take that 5 min essential breaks :)
Gleb Slonimskiy
playing with the cats )
Phuong Hoang
I would say talking to my coworkers, going out for lunch or just take a break outside to breathe. Also, work meditation is a aspect that we are developing for our ZenMe project - will definitely a great way to improve your emotional wellbeing at work