What's your preference - working from the office, remotely, or a hybrid model?

Misha Krunic
22 replies
Hello fellow makers & hunters! I was wondering what's everyone's preference these days when it comes to where you're working from. Is it office, is it remote (doesn't have to be home - could a cafe, for example) or a hybrid model? Is an office still the number one environment for maintaining higher levels of productivity or not? What are your thoughts?

Replies

Andrew Glenn
My personal preference would be about a 3:2 split remote to office.
Misha Krunic
@asglenn I see, and also, from what I've heard when talking to people, this is what a significant number of companies is deciding to do.
Juliette
Actually, I work remotely, but a few months ago I came to a country where there is an office of the company where I work. I had no problems with discipline and motivation when working remotely, but the undoubted advantage of working in the office is communication. Discussing an article or book, quickly resolving a work issue, asking someone from another team for advice, all this contributes to your development.
Nishith from True Sparrow
100% remote for me. The advantages (flexibility, ability to hire from anywhere) outweighs the challenges. And there are challenges. You just have to be conscious and proactively address those - be it culture building, collaboration or communication.
Misha Krunic
@nishith_shah Makes sense. I'm curious, how do you address culture building when everyone is in a different place?
Nishith from True Sparrow
@price2spy ah, my favorite question. While there is no single bullet to address culture building, I'm building an entire product around helping remote teams build a great culture. thursday.social
Sophia Emma
I'll go with the hybrid one.
Sergul Sungur
I have to work from office once a week, so I can socialize with my colleagues more and more. A lot of coffee breaks, chats and going outside for lunch etc... Office day is just like a free day for me, to be honest, I'm working less :)
Misha Krunic
@sergul_sungur1 Wow, that's very interesting! Does this model suit you or would you like to change it?
Sergul Sungur
@price2spy I'm happy and don't want to change it. Doesn't matter where I work from, if I've done my daily to do's and weekly goals.
Wiktoria Jaszcza
Office I think. Going out to work keeps me in the groove, has a positive impact on productivity in the bigger picture. How about you, Misha?
Misha Krunic
@w_j Thanks for sharing! I feel like lately for me the hybrid model has been working out well, with a 4:1 ratio (office to home).
Dani Luu
I'm doing hybrid with WFH 90% of the time, I only come to the office like once a month and it has worked perfectly. Our marketing team is 100% remote since we have team members in other cities and countries.
Ksusha
Remote is the most comfortable option for me. Because i can be free in movement. I can work in bed, i can work on balcony, i can work in cafe, i can work near the ocean, i can work in the village near grandparents, i can work in airport and so on variability is very important for me and makes my life different and rich
Dawn Veltri
Office. I really like the separation of work and home.
Jennifer Guerra
I work remotely, but I'd like to go to an office sometimes, I feel I'm less productive at home. Hybrid would probably work better for me
Personally, I prefer working at the office so that work and home are separated. I do enjoy having the option to work from home though.
Varun Kodnani
Working from home and from my favorite cafe
Bhavna Singh
I believe going to office is more beneficial in the sense you have more communication with the team face to face and as a person rather than online, the rapport building is better when in office.