What's your favourite productivity technique / tool for staying organised and focused?

Nimesha Buvanendran
11 replies

Replies

soylakate
TMetric is my favourite tool. It captures my work hours and productivity levels which makes me stay focused and organized throughout the day.
I first read about this from Tim Ferriss' Tools of Titans. I've tried it (and still doing) and I will vouch for its efficacy. 1. After waking up, and going through your morning routine (meditation, coffee, etc.), write down the three of your heavies tasks that need to be done. A good gauge if it's a good pick, is if you have been procrastinating on this for the past few days. 2. Pick the one that would make you feel most accomplished if that is the only thing you finished for the day. 3. Allot two continuous hours of your day working solely on that. This ensures that no matter how overwhelming life is, things are still moving one heavy task at a time.
Nimesha Buvanendran
@heyjoshua This sounds very interesting and like an easily doable one. Thanks for mentioning the book - I'm going to order it right away :)
Suleman Elahi
Pomodoro Timer apps. Windows 11 has one built in :)
Suleman Elahi
@nimesha_buvanendran It's in the Microsoft Clock app basically, you can add your tasks and assign a timer to each task and then start working. It will definitely boost productivity and help stay focused. Besides it has Spotify integration, so, you can listen to some soothing background music.
Igor Lysenko
Hello, we have created a product about productivity. I think you might try it if you're having organizational or productivity issues. Our applications are free, I would be glad if you solve your problems with our applications.
Charles
I like to use the Flow app (free). I focus for the 20-minute recommended intervals and take small breaks in between. There's something about a countdown – even one without consequence – that helps channel your energy and focus for that countdown duration. Nice, little mind hack.
Jovana Madjovska
I use the Pomodoro Technique! I break my work into intervals - "pomodoros - and after each Pomodoro, I take a short break of 5 minutes, and after completing a set of Pomodoros, I take a longer break of up to 30 minutes!
Pavel Kukhnavets
We vote for a Gantt chart. It enhances productivity across various projects by providing a visual representation of tasks, timelines, and dependencies. It promotes effective resource allocation, enabling teams to optimize workloads and prevent bottlenecks. By offering a clear project roadmap and milestones, Gantt charts aid in setting achievable goals and motivating team members. Additionally, they serve as a valuable communication tool, reducing the need for frequent status meetings and keeping all stakeholders informed.