What’s your favourite free screen/webcam recorder?

Bud Broesky
11 replies
I’ve been using Screenity up until recently - been having tons of issues with it corrupting saved files and not downloading more than a few seconds, wasting hours of recorded and re-recorded content. I’m curious what everyone else uses! I’m willing to pay, however I prefer free open-source tools (extensions or standalone apps are good with me). Ideally looking for: screen and webcam simultaneous recordings, no record time limit, and easy downloads to mp4. Thanks in advance!

Replies

Gloria Russell
OBS Studio is my personal favorite for free screen and webcam recording. It is open-source and has several strong features, including the capacity to simultaneously record numerous sources and add personalized overlays and transitions.
Bud Broesky
@glowrussell I love OBS too! It’s a massive draw on my computer performance opposed some lightweight options but I’ve been using it as a backup at the moment until I can find something a bit faster.
Navin Peiris
Been playing with https://www.screen.studio and it’s been awesome, might be worth a try
Bud Broesky
@navinpeiris just so you know - ive already purchased this… i love me lifetime deals and this looks incredible!
Bud Broesky
@navinpeiris also side note - congrats on being pre 1m users… i believe i have an account somewhere from a while back that’s either pre-1m or just after 1m, however i cannot remember which email it’s attached to…
Navin Peiris
@budb very nice! Just to clarify, I’m not involved with the product in any way other than being a huge fan. This is by @pie6k
Pradeep Kumar M
I use a Vmaker screen recorder for both webcam and screen recording.
Saravanan P
My favorite tool is Vmaker Screen and Webcam Recorder.
joseyjack
Hi, I used to use bandicam, but in my opinion it is already outdated, and the functionality is no longer enough. I've found several other ways to record the screen on a mac with audio thanks https://www.movavi.com/support/h... and I want to try to use them all to choose the most optimal one for me. As soon as I do this, I will add my comment and tell you which one is the best.