What's the most cringe-worthy or ongoing irksome marketing jargon? Let's have some fun!

Olatz Urrutia
21 replies

Replies

Aiden Ross Albright
Hmm... let's see! Does 'best practices' count? Everytime I hear "please make sure you've done a best parctices research" gives me the ick. And that's ongoingly 😅
Olatz Urrutia
@aiden_ross_albright I mean that phrase is like the broccoli of the marketing world. It's good for you, you know you should do it, but it's just so... tedious! 😂
Olatz Urrutia
@jagrati_gupta Haha, yes! Listicles can be like the karaoke night of the content world: a little cheesy, a little predictable, but sometimes you just can't resist singing along! And let's face it, sometimes a well-crafted 'listicle' can be as satisfying as hitting the high notes of "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Kayla Klein
'Finding your niche' 😬
Olatz Urrutia
@kayla_klein You're absolutely right! 'Finding your niche' has become such a buzzword that it's almost as cringe-worthy as using Comic Sans in your marketing docs 😂
Olatz Urrutia
@ruby_price_ramirez I gotta admit, that one's got me stumped. Maybe I'm just not hip to the latest marketing lingo... I'm still trying to wrap my head around things like "omnichannel marketing"! But seriously, though, can you explain what "low-hanging fruit" means? I don't want to miss out on any juicy marketing insights 😅
Ruby Price Ramirez
@olatz_urrutia hahahahaha basically an action that takes almost no effort... I don't know if it is used all over the world but in our team it is used a lot!
Cedric
"Outside the box" 😂
Olatz Urrutia
@cedric2 That phrase is like the Hawaiian shirt of marketing: it's supposed to be about being quite unique and different, but then... Surprise! Everyone else seems to be wearing one! 😂
Joanne Hurley
@cedric2 This was one of mine, even chat gpt spits it out
Olatz Urrutia
@cedric2 @joanne_hurleyv1 Really? Hahahah wasn't expecting that... but I mean it's not wrong then!
Kate Santoro
I'm not a fan of TOFU/BOFU/MOFU. First of all it just sounds ridiculous to say, and second I don't think we need more terms in marketing that are acronyms 😅
Olatz Urrutia
@kate_santoro1 I know what you mean... Tbh I prefer marketing with a side of mashed potatoes! Those acronyms can be a bit hard to swallow. Maybe we need to come up with some more appetizing acronyms that'll have everyone craving more! 😂
My bosses saying: "go viral today" gave me anxiety attacks way too many times.
Olatz Urrutia
@sandradjajic I know, right? It's like the marketing equivalent of nails on a chalkboard! Like a mosquito buzzing in your ear, just when you're trying to relax and enjoy your day!😂 But don't worry, you'll find a way to swat that bugger away. Fyi I hear that dancing around in a gorilla suit on TikTok is pretty popular these days, just saying! 🤷‍♀️