What's the best ice breaker question you ever used/come across?

Katja Alissa Mueller
52 replies

Replies

Elisabeth Was
What was your favorite toy or game from childhood? (A lighthearted topic that can bring back fond memories).
Katja Alissa Mueller
I love this one – resulting in great discussions and fun insights: 'What is something completely unimportant that you have strong opinions about?'
Katja Alissa Mueller
@alexia_georghiou @dipak_sisodiya Here a few examples from a previous session: - When people stop abruptly at the end of an escalator ride and you can't pass by - When you dip your butter knife into the jam jar and leave marks - Vinegar on chips: absolute no go - Sounds on mobile when you type - Cutting pizza into small triangle pieces with knife and fork instead of eating it by hand ... What would be yours?
ALEXIA
@dipak_sisodiya @katjaalissamueller when people are talking on their phones in public and they put it on speaker …..like they can’t hear if the phone is by their👂 ear.
Madeleine Nichols
I like the breadth of interests revealed from this Q: - what's something new that you learned this past week?
Katja Alissa Mueller
@madeleine_nichols super nice. what did you learn this past week?
Andrew James Bagby
What is the worst tv show you watch?
Sophie Coe
Definitely anything food related!
Max Holub
@sophie_coe yess! when visiting new city/country - what are the best dishes or places have you tried?
Max Holub
@katjaalissamueller good ice breaker too :) but not to offend anyone, I'd say it all depends on the mood
Alexis Khvatov
What's your go-to karaoke song? - It's a fun question that can lead to a discussion about music and personality. Plus, who doesn't love belting out their favorite tune?
Katja Alissa Mueller
@alekswatch now everyone wants to know: which one is yours?
Isaiah Trotter
"What's your body count?" definitely isn't the best, but it sure as heck turns heads lol.
Isaiah Trotter
@dipak_sisodiya Lol yeah how many confirmed kills do you have on the battlefield, mate?
Pleasure Meditation
AWESOME question😊. I can’t remember a “best” one🤔 …But your question absolutely makes me think of all the funny questions that COULD be asked.🤣
Brian Yip
If you could be a Disney cartoon character for a day, who would you be and why?
ALEXIA
What’s the best trip you’ve taken and why? -it can spark interesting conversations about different destinations, experiences, and cultural insights. It can also reveal a lot about a person's interests, values, and personality, and provide common ground for future conversations.
Heleana Grace
"What were you like 10 years ago/in high school/last year?" It really allows people to tell their stories and you can see how they've changed throughout the years. And it's a good twist to the old "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" type of question.
Katja Alissa Mueller
@heleana haha that sparked another potential fun one 'what's the worst hairstyle you had as a teenager'
Max Holub
i'm here just to thank you for this discussion thread!
Ishwar Jha
1.What is your super power? It just makes someone at great ease to talk about their greatest quality and why they think it's important for them? 2. If you don't have to earn money what else you would like to do? Ask this question and see how people reveal their passion about something they always wanted to do.
Maya A
Love this discussion post! I really like the question "what's your favorite music you are listening to?" I learned this from @jlyon as he used this question as an ice breaker when scheduling Calendly meetings with him.
Fidel Avendano
I would be really interested in anything that has to do with food.
Saurao Dalvi
Ask for opinions and the topic to think of asking should be very generic and easy. A question like "Do you think Ai helping kids do their Homework is a good practice?" There is also a super awesome video on this (
)
Kane
Recently, I came across a great question: 👉🏻 What have you done that nobody else in the room has done? If someone raises their hand and says they have done it, you have to come up with another one. --- The benefit of this question is that many people tend to share their unique achievements, which helps others quickly get to know them. Every time we ask this question, many people can't resist sharing multiple things.
Shaifali Mehta
What are you watching on Netflix these days?
Hello_Joy
Interesting question! Meetings are always a bit of a hassle for me. I usually kick things off by talking about the latest news or the weather. Got any tips to help me loosen up and make meetings more fun?