What's the best day to launch your product?

Girish Gilda
47 replies
Would like to know what is the best day of the week to launch your product? Is it better to launch on weekdays or weekends? Please share your experience if you have already launched your product. Thanks in advance:) PS: Let's connect if you are on Twitter(X): https://twitter.com/GirishGilda99

Replies

Alvaro Villalba Perez
Whenever your team feeals ready and excited. But I'd say Wednesday
Girish Gilda
@alvarovillalb_ are people on PH most active on Wednesday and Thursday?
Joep van den Bogaert
Came here to ask this exact question, beat me to it by 5 minutes. I would expect weekdays to have more competition and also more engagement, but curious what more experienced PH folks have to say.
Girish Gilda
@jopie Haha, glad to know that I'm not the only one who wants an answer to this question:) Let's see what other experienced folks have to say.
Advin Jadis
weekend is best for launch
@girish_gilda easier to rank higher. But less traffic
Girish Gilda
@slimmy82 Thank you. But I see most people suggesting weekend. If everyone is targeting weekends, it makes me wonder if it's still easier to rank๐Ÿ˜…
@girish_gilda keep in mind weekend has less traffic. So you also still need to build a solid community to support your launch.
Girish Gilda
@slimmy82 This make sense. People launching on weekends will have to bring in their own audience to support their launch!
Girish Gilda
@sahinurme What are the benefits of launching on weekends over weekdays?
Carlos Aponte
Based on what I have gathered so far, it depends on your goals. Weekday --> more traffic and views but also more competition, less chance to get a top position. Weekend --> less traffic and views, but more chances to get a top position and badge.
Nicolas Gohler
No one is giving proper explanations! Why are weekends better?
Girish Gilda
@nicolasgohler Exactly! Before asking this question I thought weekdays are usually better. But most prefer weekends. And I don't know why it is.
Maria Anosova ๐Ÿ”ฅ
when you are ready ๐Ÿ˜
Launching soon!
in week days to get more leads
I thought Mondayโ€™s would be easy. Boy was I wrong lol
Girish Gilda
@slimmy82 haha, even I thought week days especially monday and tuesdays are better then weekends. I guess I was wrong too.
Peter Horvath
I think it really depends on your goals. Be strategic about it! Do you have a large following or audience that you can reach out to? What is your main goal? Is it to maximize exposure and traffic, or to achieve winning and gain social proof? There are advantages and disadvantages to both weekends and weekdays. I'd say, once you have a clear plan regarding your primary target for the launch, AND what you intend to do POST launch, then you'll know which day is the best for YOU. :) Hope this helps!
Armin Broubakarian
I scheduled mine (WordHoop: https://www.producthunt.com/post...) for Sunday, and it did well. But I think there are a lot more factors that go into a successful product launch. 1. Have a great product! :p 2. Provide a clear description of your product, explaining why you built it, what problems it solves, and who you think will benefit from it. 3. Visuals are key. Make sure to upload high-quality images of your product's logo/screenshots that demonstrate how your product works. If you have a video showing how to use your product, that is even better. 4. Ask people for feedback and what they think. You can use this feedback to make adjustments/improvements to your product that you might have yet to consider. Those are a few suggestions that could enhance your product launch. I wish you the best of luck with your launch! -Armin
Girish Gilda
@arminbro Thanks for this detailed explanation. It's really useful ๐Ÿ˜Š
Larry Kim
Best day is weekend
Hussein Hashish
any day as long as your prepared.
Aaron
That depends. In weekdays the traffic are more. So you will get more visitors. But the competition is also fierce too. On the other hand, in the holidays, traffic is less so you will have a better chance to make it to the top. But the traffic is less. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday are great for launch if you're looking for more traffics.