What's one feature you'd absolutely love to see get added to Product Hunt?

Mukund Mohan
19 replies
I'll go first. I've always thought some version of a streak freeze, similar to Duolingo, could be a game-changer.

Replies

Sachin Jain
I feel there should be a provision to message members on Product Hunt directly. I had some very meaningful conversations during discussions but just couldn't continue on them because had no channel available to follow up directly.
Mukund Mohan
@sachinjain024 With you on this Sachin. I'd love to see something happen in this space. From what I hear, they had this feature a while ago & had it taken down because of privacy and spam issues.
Daniel Zaitzow
@sachinjain024 I think having a stipulation where you need to be following one another (similar to some dating apps) would be prudent so people aren’t bombarded with unwanted “support my launch” spam
Barada Sahu
Fighting bot profiles. Lots of new profiles and little moderation. PH is becoming a place like Quora with a lot of spammy clickbaity content and products. Genuine product launches versus small plugins and a community which also adopts and provides feedback vs gets upvotes.
Mukund Mohan
@barada_sahu Agreed the growth of the platform can sometimes lead to quality challenges. My understanding is they have ample measures in place for detecting bot behaviour that hinder product launches.
Carlos Carter
A direct integration with indie maker tools like GitHub and Notion could be cool. It would streamline updates for creators and give a clearer insight into product development.
Mukund Mohan
Hey@carlos carter,That's an interesting suggestion! Integrating with tools like GitHub and Notion could certainly benefit Indie makers. However, it's worth noting that Product Hunt serves a bigger diverse audience of makers and product enthusiasts.
Sarvpriy Arya
One feature I'd love to see Product Hunt add is a more robust search and filtering system for discovering relevant products.
Mukund Mohan
@sarvpriy_arya They're definitely making progress in that area. They recently expanded their category selection just a few weeks back! This new feature should allow for more specific filtering and possibly more visibility.
Dipanjan Dey
As a maker, it'd be really nice to see a list of people who upvoted your product or at least some details about their profile (role, geo etc) so that we can learn what kind of folks are digging the product.
Daniel Zaitzow
I’d also like to see more of a focal point on real products Vs templates / plugins etc. ideally you could filter those things as well so if you’re looking for that amazing AI plug-in for X reason you can sift through for it.
Rohit Kumar Yadav
A person should be limited to upvote or comment on a fixed number of products per day.
SOURABH UPRETI
Bring a way to continue our broken streaks. Take my money for that. (Be a snapchat)
Sam Ternell
A social link should be must to avoid bot accounts.
Mukund Mohan
@sam_ternell X or Facebook? :P Social logins don't seem an attractive mandatory option for verification IMHO, given the user attrition on these platforms.
Chris Sarca
Why would it be a game-changer to freeze your streak? (at the moment they do absolutely nothing other than just listing you on a page) I would love PH to have better moderation.
Mukund Mohan
@chris_sarca PH Streaks appear to serve as an indicator of user activity and involvement on a platform, especially when combined with other user interactions(the gamification angle included). Extending this with streak freezes gives the users more flexibility. The need for a streak is a topic for a different discussion :) I'm with you on better moderation on the platform. Eager to see what improvements come to play in the future to help with moderation.