What’s more important? Talent or hard work?

Sergei Turkov
22 replies

Replies

Arpan
Hard work definitely. You can't just succeed without it
Elena Tsemirava
In my opinion Talent is nothing without hard work.
Ivan Dudin
No pain, no gain. But talent is a great complement to hard work.
Stefan Pettersson
I would say neither. Whenever people stress "work hard", I usually think. Ok... so say 40h/week is standard. If you want to double your output (let's ignore rest, focus, family, etc to make it easy), then you would work 80h/week resulting in 2xOUTPUT. Let's go crazy, 4x original output = 160h/week (that does leave 1h for sleep per day, if you work 7 days per week). Congratulations - you relying on "working hard" gained you 4 times your original output, and now you hit the ceiling - maxed out! Work smart - that is where you find your 10x gains, over and over again! Use "work hard" for the occasional sprints and to put out fires.
It seems like we all agree that hard work pays off! P.S. Regarding the hard work - our first EVER launch is live! Please support 🙏
Harinderpreet singh
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't hard work
Gloria G
Both talent and hard work are important, but ultimately it is hard work that leads to success.
Artyom Sviridov
Both are equally important. Talent in itself requires hard work to develop and stay at a decent level.
Irina Sobol
Both. Without an innate predisposition to any kind of activity, probably nothing will work out or it will be painful. But you can't get far on talent alone. It needs to be constantly developed and turned into practical skills
Hard, freaking work, and you will become a talent, but a supercharged one.
While both are valuable, hard work often trumps talent. Hard work is the engine that transforms potential into achievement. It's the dedication, perseverance, and continuous effort that propels individuals toward success.
Apollon Latsoudis
One could argue that both are required. When there is no talent however, hard work almost always pays off (assuming of course you also work smart)
Michael Robinson
Hard work over talent, any day. Talent might give you a head start, but grinding it out is what makes the difference.
Shivangi Awasthi
Both talent and hard work are important, but their significance can vary depending on the context. In most cases, a combination of talent and hard work is ideal. Talent provides a starting point, but it's hard work that refines and hones that talent into something exceptional. Success often requires both innate abilities and the determination to put in the necessary effort. :))
Dennis Aronov
Hard work. I believe someone can work hard enough to gain the talent they are looking for. There are plenty of talented people who never reach any form of success. But most successful people are hard workers.