What's an example of a great user onboarding flow?

Kausambi Manjita
25 replies
Coach screens, product tours etc... in my experience I've seen most users end up opting out of these. 👉 Would love examples of products whose onboarding you've loved - or even better, if any maker here has experimented & landed on better frameworks.

Replies

Kenny William
Creating a great user onboarding flow is essential for ensuring that new users have a smooth and positive experience with your product or service. A well-designed onboarding flow can help users understand the value of your product, get started quickly, and reduce the chances of them getting frustrated or abandoning the process. Here's a step-by-step guide to creating a great user onboarding flow: 1. Set Clear Objectives: 2. Simplicity is Key: 3. Gather Minimal Initial Information: 4. Provide Value Immediately: 5. Progressive Profiling: 6. Interactive Tutorials: 7. Personalization: 8. Clear Call-to-Action (CTA): 9. Visual and Interactive Elements: 10. Progress Indicators: 11. Social Proof and Testimonials: 12. Feedback and Assistance: 13. Mobile-Friendly Design: 14. A/B Testing: 15. User Analytics: 16. User Feedback Loop: 17. Gamification (Optional): The specifics of your onboarding flow will depend on your product, target audience, and business goals. Regularly iterate and improve your onboarding process based on user feedback and data analysis to ensure that it remains effective and user-friendly.
Kausambi Manjita
@kenny_william this is pretty detailed, Kenny.. thanks for sharing would love to meet & brainstorm
Kausambi Manjita
@natella_nuralieva what’s different about the approach here?
Natella Nuralieva
@kmanjita not sure different from what? From when users end up opting out? I loved the experience because of engaging, fun to read messages while pages were loading, that fit greatly into the overall "wizard" concept.
Apoorva Shukla
I really liked the onboarding for Arc Browser (https://arc.net/). Introducing a new browser is tricky to begin with, but I got the basics within minutes.
Aditya Prakash
Hubspot has one of the most intuitive, easy to understand onboarding/tutorial that I have come across.
Sienta Trip
A great user onboarding flow aims to provide new users with a seamless and engaging experience as they start using a product or service. An effective onboarding flow should guide users through the key features, help them understand the value proposition, and encourage them to become active and engaged users. Here's an example of a great user onboarding flow for a mobile app such as https://depthcrypto.com Upon opening the app for the first time, users are greeted with a welcoming message and a brief description of the app's purpose - tracking fitness activities and goals. The app prompts users to create an account or log in. During this step, users can provide their fitness goals, preferred workout types, and basic information to personalize their experience.
Paroksh Saxena
I love Duolingo onboarding experience. It's crisp & to the point. With few inputs, It quickly takes you to learning a language - the very reason you came in.
Kausambi Manjita
@paroksh_saxena1 that’s a good one! Yes they’re fun o agree - long term stickiness is the problem hehe
Daniel Zaitzow
Typeform has an amazing onboarding experience
Daniel Zaitzow
@kmanjita What approach did you take instead?
Developer X
Zero thinking time and do process in one shot! If you can success that, it is perfect onboarding.
Kimberly Gonzalez
Slack's onboarding flow stands out. They walk you through the entire process with tooltips, visuals, and prompts, making sure you understand the platform.
Kausambi Manjita
@kgonzalezkg8 and their messages are very personal too, isn’t it?
Kas Szatylowicz
Check out the app Chargebee, one of the best onboarding tours I've seen https://www.chargebee.com/
Blake Capozza
I've always thought Superhuman email has been one of the best