What productivity tip did you find that genuinely worked?

Nikhil Mehra
38 replies

Replies

TDMx
To be honest, I have tried myself so many methods over the years... But what I had to realize is that only the power of habits and a real discipline that really fits to you is the best recipe to boost your productivity. This is exactly what Darren Hardy describes in his book "The Compound Effect" ^^ A well applied discipline + power of habits = success I tried to adopt methods from others like PARAGON, GTD, SCRUM or the simple 4D rule without really finding my way... With time I succeeded to find a universal method easy to use and based on a natural concept (I would even say instinctive) based on the power of habits and a simple framework that adjusts every situation (which I built over time based on my own experience) I am quite satisfied with it (I have been using it for 2 years now). I hope to share it soon. I even hope that others will find it easier to handle and will enjoy using it (as I do) on a daily basis. There is no guarantee, but the few friends around me who have used this method give me great feedback. So we will see :-)
I suggest you trying Ivly Lee Method. Plan your work days, write down 6 tasks that you need to focus on tommorow (6 is the maximum). Choose which one of the tasks that you wrote are the most important, 6 being the highest priority and 1 being th least important. When you start your work day, focus on the most important task and only when you're done with it, you can move to the another task.
Maya A
@inesfenner just started implementing this in my life like a week ago and it works wonders!!
Nikhil Mehra
@inesfenner Thanks for the wonderful insight, sometime there are more than 6 also but you have to manager :)
@mayaa.17 Im so glad it works for you, it was a life saver for me as well :)
@mycelebs_elle Told you so :) I'm happy we have a place where we can get together and share tips and tricks.
@nikhil_mehra2 maybe in some time after you practice it more, you can start adding more tasks. For me, 6 a day are enough at this point in time :)
Aaron O'Leary
Small breaks, it's simple but just taking a bunch of 5 minute breaks to talk to a friend, loved one, have a coffee, relax, it relaxes your mind and energises it I feel
Arun Pradhan
That a productive day starts the day before... so the tips I've found that actually work are planning a time-boxed or forced function day that schedules my priorities, then getting a great sleep the night before
Nikhil Mehra
@arunaway72 any specific tool you use or just pen your thoughts down? Thanks :)
Ranieri Teixeira
I have stoped with supernormal stimulus like caffeine or alcohol. I exercise a few times a day. I have stoped perfecting things by self talking: this is ok this way, go on solve the next problem. I am restarted making small code projects for the satisfaction of coding. No productivity tip or book will work if you have problems with bad habits or are stoped with acting on small things. Act on good stuff. Stop acting on bad habits.
Nikhil Mehra
@ranieribt Bravo, thankyou so much. and correctly said, don't need to think to fix which are out of our hands and rather solve the next problem.
Greg Gotsis
trying to focus on one task for blocks of time is key. Not getting distracted and loosing built up context on a task.
Dávid Sipos
For me, Pomodoro works well. I set a 20min focus time than 10 min break.
Madeleine Nichols
I'd suggest the daily highlight - picking one task to complete for the day amongst others on the to do list Great positive reinforcement loop when that task is completed, and it spills over into completing other tasks Some great tips in this thread I'll also be trying out
Fabian Maume
The productivity tip's effectiveness depends a lot on your personality. I recommend testing many things and seeing what works for you. For me starting the day with 3 to 4 quick tasks works well to create moments. I'm then able to focus on a complex task.
Ezekiel Adewumi
Be gentle with yourself and most especially dont overthink anything just live. Nobody checking time for us, its all in our heads.
Dovile Miseviciute
Planning out my day before it even begins. As simple as it sounds, having a clear list of things I want to accomplish during the day, really helps me focus and fend off any impromptu tasks that can appear. I do this with the help of workload management software (something like this https://teamhood.com/project-man...). I enter the number of hours I have available and then pull in a mix of harder and easier tasks to accomplish each day.
Satish Kumar
Plan efficiently then go for execution.
Kishore Kochi
One practical productivity tip that personally worked out for me is that I've learned to prioritize my tasks and focus on the most important and urgent ones first. This can help you avoid getting overwhelmed by a long to-do list and ensure that you are making progress on the most critical tasks. To do this, you can use a system such as the Eisenhower Matrix, which involves categorizing tasks into four quadrants based on their importance and urgency. The most important and urgent tasks should be tackled first, followed by those that are important but less urgent, and so on. By prioritizing your tasks this way, you can ensure that you are making progress on the most important work while freeing up mental space and reducing the risk of procrastination or burnout.
Jason Jia
Serveral tips I summarized for myself: 1. A good idea is a discovery of nature and the external world, rather than an internal discovery. Therefore, the more you observe, the more likely you are to have creativity. 2. In creation, it is important to be aware of the rules that you apply to yourself, especially the rules that we may automatically follow without even realizing it. It is best to have as few rules as possible in order to create a new work. 3. A work can always reach a version that you like, or it can reach an even better version. However, no one knows what the result will be before it is tested.
Audrey Nesbitt
Take a pocket of time out of each day to shut off all distractions and work/create. One or two hours at minimum of not checking emails, Slack and or Telegram.
pixie2
I was once advised to learn how to manage my emotions, namely anxiety and fear and stress. I didn't take it seriously right away. And then I realized why it was so important. I put myself under terrible stress by my work, I even thought about seeing a doctor. But a friend in conversation mentioned This article on Originals CBD UK and I decided to give it a try. How much easier my life has become) I wish I had known about it before.
Zee A
Waking up at 5am every morning, this has helped me to focus better on the day ahead. I spend 1 hour reading or working on my side business.
Isaiah Trotter
Turning off text notifications on my phone. And it's not cause I was popular, but every now and then thought of someone texting me had me task switching whenever I heard a buzz. No buzz now means no distraction.