What kind of exercises do you do to keep yourself fit?

Nikhil Mehra
49 replies

Replies

Maria Gonzalez
I mix it up with running, bodyweight exercises, and yoga.
Nikhil Mehra
@mary_gonz8 Fantastic, nice to hear that!! The body in shape keeps the mind in shape!! Keep grinding maria!!
Jason Andries
Boxing, running & lifting weights
Joanne Hurley
HIIT (cardio & weights), Pilates Reformer (strength, core and posture), Yoga (mind and body alignment).
Golfo Vasiliou
These days the only exercise I do is walking my dog :D
Nikhil Mehra
@golfo_vasiliou1 haha nice one, sometimes external things work when we decide for ourselves we don't have time!! what his/her name ?
Golfo Vasiliou
@nikhil_mehra2 Her name is Hera and she gives me indoor exercise too when I chase her to get back my socks :D
Nikhil Mehra
@golfo_vasiliou1 aww how cute is that!! Luckily not chewing on something more valuable. Socks with holes could be a fashion statement too haha
Hossein Yazdi
I really love playing football but since currently, I'm unable to play it, I'll go for long walking, not to particularly be fit but to help me get in a positive mood.
Nikhil Mehra
@hosseinyazdi Wow, thats great!! I, to play football. I love and have been supporting the red devils for more than 2 decades now !!! No doubt who I prefer between Ronaldo and someone who plays for Argentina hah
Grace Hur
Long runs and crossfit! 🙌
Nikhil Mehra
@gracehur Great, are they morning runs or evening? I personally like morning runs better, just feel some kind of super natural powers kicking in throughout the day haha
Grace Hur
@nikhil_mehra2 Haha I wish! If I workout too early, I feel great at first, but crash hard post-lunch. My preference would be midday (~4pm)
I try to convince my cat to do exercises with me, but she's uninterested so I mostly just do jumping jacks and squats 😂
Nikhil Mehra
@realvladgolub haha that's nice!! hopefully, she will follow you soon with squats and HIIT workouts!! So do you do it in the gym or in your backyard?
Charlie Charles
Running is one of my go-to exercises. I like to do it outdoors, and I find it a great way to clear my mind and get some fresh air.
Nikhil Mehra
@charliee1122 nice to hear that, I love running too but in the morning when most of my city is fast asleep!! Any marathons you have done or plan to run in this year?
Hifsa Ahmed
Swimming is another excellent full-body workout that I enjoy doing. It's low-impact and a great way to cool off on hot days.
Nikhil Mehra
@hifsa_ahmed Yes, indeed its a full body workout and nothing better to beat the heat,specially when temperatures soar to 45 degrees here !!
Maali Baali
I try to incorporate bodyweight exercises into my routine, such as push-ups, squats, and lunges, which are great for building strength and toning muscles.
Nikhil Mehra
@maali_1 Yes, keeping it basic and simple helps you achieve a lot of muscle first inorder to lift heavier weights and some other difficult exercises. Push-ups and pull-ups are my favorite go to exercises !!
Jay Phelps
Consistent morning walks !
Maya A
Boxing/kickboxing, weighted jump rope workout
Sudeshna Roy
I usually maintain a 20-40 minute daily movement routine. But what I will do during that time, varies based on how my body/mind feels on that day and what it needs. Sometimes it's cardio, sometimes it's brisk walking, some days Yoga and some days strength training. Listening to our body's signals not only adds variety to my physical activity, but also it doesn't feel forced. So, it's easier to keep the streak going. What our body needs can be vastly different from one day to another based on what we ate the previous day, workload, stress etc. The last thing I want to do is force my body through a HIIT routine when it needs to relax and asking for a brisk walk around the park :)
Nikhil Mehra
@sudeshna_roy great listening to your body is also nice and your workout is much more joyful. Keep pushing
Valorie Jones
Pull-ups, sit-ups, planks, burpees. dumbbells for strength, yoga for flexibility, and pole dancing for fun.
Valorie Jones
@nikhil_mehra2 I didn't realize that for years I was doing burpees wrong. It took a personal trainer to teach me to squat correctly without curving my back and hunching over.
Nikhil Mehra
@val_jones oh wow, hope you didn’t hurt yourself in the process. Yes form is key when it comes to body weight exercises, and knees to be intact while squatting too
Vasileios Karvelis
Mostly running, lifting weights and being in a diet. Looking for some boxing lessons in the near future!
Nikhil Mehra
@vasileioskarvelis Nice, many people here and otherwise, following this routine. I guess boxing is fun to take out frustration and a quick way to get rid of the excess fat!!
Nick Bess
I do calisthenics workouts. I found a good guide here https://betterme.world/articles/... I used to go to the gym, but I missed visits due to lack of time, so I started training at home. What I like about these programs is that I don't need any equipment and that they help me work on the full body. It also has to be noted, that I go to the pool at least once a week. It works great for my back and helps me relieve stress and relax.