What kind of effect will AI have in the future? Is it really going to take our jobs?

Esra Gokdemir
18 replies
Let's discuss what AI will do in the future!

Replies

Stephen Paul Weber
AI has already "taken" many people's jobs for a long time, and it will continue to do more as more kinds of AI and more effective AI tools launch. The real question to me is what are we as a society going to do? Are we going to let "taking jobs" be a bad thing, or are we going to continue reaching for the future of the whole community?
Katherine Collins
Artificial intelligence (AI) will unquestionably have a major impact on the future, changing several industries and radically altering the way we operate. Although it has the potential to automate some processes and lead to job displacements, it will also generate new employment opportunities and free up human brainpower for more complex, imaginative work.
Marilyn Barnes
There is little doubt that AI will have a profound effect on the future, revolutionizing several sectors and enhancing human talents. Although it has the potential to eliminate some job duties, it is more likely to open up new fields of endeavor and fundamentally alter the way we do business.
JK
In my opinion and based on personal experience, utilizing automation tools can have a positive impact on the future. Back in 2018, as a newcomer, I spent a significant amount of time using software like Adobe Audition to edit my voice now days i use few ai voice editors. When it came to writing captions for posts, I would read several posts and search on Google to find answers before writing. However, now I utilize an AI caption generator tool that automates these tasks within seconds. Similarly, in the past, I used to manually craft content outlines, which was time-consuming. But now, I rely on theWriteMe Tool , Surfer SEO for this purpose. These are just a few examples of how automation has benefited me. However, there is no doubt that it also has drawbacks.
@jaykay00 I think it will have positive and negative effects just like everything else. But it helps a lot when it comes to time-consuming tasks.
Davide Camera
"AI will not replace developers, but will replace developers that don't leverage AI"
William Simmons
By streamlining and automating so many processes, artificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to significantly increase output in a wide variety of industries. Some jobs could be put at risk, while others could emerge, as a result of the need to develop, manage, and oversee the ethics of AI.
AI will certainly change many industries and job roles, but it doesn't mean that it will necessarily "take our jobs". AI can't replace essential human qualities like perspective, problem-solving abilities, ethical decision-making, and empathy.
Shaur ul Asar
I don't think so, IMO AI has the potential to automate certain tasks, it doesn't necessarily mean it will "take our jobs" entirely. " Instead, it is more likely to transform job roles and create new opportunities.
Aleksej Vukomanovic
It is hardly possible (at least any time soon) for AI to fully replace our work. But it can speed it up for sure, as it can handle processing of information and research faster then we could manually.
Janine N
AI will definitely make some people's jobs somewhat redundant, but I hope that the advancements it will bring will be much greater. Also, it will create new jobs that we wouldn't have thought of before. Very exciting times.
John Carmichael
I think it will all depend on how far the makers of AI take it... if "AGM" can and is achieved then who knows. Until then, I think it will more look like a big shuffle that taking jobs. Take Liffery for example, we're working in AI as I type to assist in research, but we already baked in safe content checks with AI... Prior to high quality AI we would have had to employ people to review content. So.. maybe some jobs will be "taken" but some of those jobs now done with AI I don't personally think humans should ever have to do... like safe-content checks. We're launching Liffery on here tomorrow :)
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
For me, AI increased my income because I can complete tasks faster and help more clients. I also show my clients how to use AI to increase their productivity. Yes, some jobs are lost to AI and automation, but many more more creative jobs are created by these tools.
George Apostolov
Yes, most of the jobs. For example, Chegg's value has dropped 80% because of ChatGPT and they have no way to improve the company. Unfortunately, though good times create weak men and weak men create bad times, So inevitably AI taking most of the jobs will result into violence because people won't have a purpose in their life. For examples, you can look at some left US states to catch a glimpse where we will be going
David Allworthy
AI is here and like with all other new and exciting products and innovations it’s our attitudes towards evolving with it which prove crucial. Designers and developers will have to learn how to best use AI technologies in order to enhance their services, productivity and skill sets. I’ve already been playing with Adobe Photoshop Generative Beta release. The skill is using AI in making your life easier and like humans have done with all technological advancements - embrace and evolve with them! My grandma said 40 years ago referring to a Washing Machine, “I don’t need that, stupid thing it’s too complicated”. One wash later and she couldn’t live without it.