What key steps should a designer take before their product’s launch?

Merve Tarayıcı
18 replies
We are waiting for your suggestions on what you should pay attention to in terms of design before the launch. Keep an eye out for the launch of BeforeSunset AI. 🙌

Replies

Charlie Mack
Hey Merve, The most important thing for me is to do a little bit of testing before the launch. Try out your design on different devices, see how it looks, feels and responds. But remember, perfection is a myth. It's more about how users perceive and interact with your design, so try to get some real user feedback if you can. A fresh pair of eyes might spot something you've overlooked! Also, have a think about the design assets you might need. Product screenshots, promotional banners, a few social media teasers – I've often overlooked things in the past only to have to scramble to get something produced when I have to launch the product on the chrome store. Working hand in hand with your marketing guy(s) can make a real difference too. Aligning your design language with the marketing narrative makes your product story more convincing and appealing. But remember, it's not set in stone – things evolve and change, and that's the beauty of it! Design is an ever-evolving process. You launch, you learn, you iterate. So, while it's good to be prepared, don't stress too much over getting everything perfect for the launch. There's always room to change and improve post-launch based on the feedback and insights you'll gain. Best of luck with your product launch. Can't wait to see what you've created!
Lillian Ward
A designer should meticulously test their product, gather feedback from potential users, and create an engaging marketing plan to ensure a successful launch.
Lori Anderson
First off, do some market research, buddy. You've got to understand who your audience is and what they're into.
Jesse Ross
don't forget to hype up the launch - solid marketing and PR can turn a quiet launch into a must-see event.
Zoe Stetsenko
Develop a strong and cohesive brand identity that aligns with your product's vision and resonates with your target audience. This includes creating a memorable logo, choosing appropriate colors, typography, and visual elements that reflect your brand values
Alexey Anshakov
As a former UI/UX designer, my advice is: Do not waste too much time in the beginning. Your goal should be to prove the value of your product; the UI can wait.
Netanel Benami
Based on our latest experience in preparing for Dynamo's launch, I would say that it is crucial to ensure that every visual element effectively conveys its intended purpose. This approach has helped us maintain focus and prioritize designing to support our message rather than letting our design overshadow the message.
I think clear wireframe structure, UX flow for each action and UX research is critical
Rail Sharifov
Let me give you one very important piece of advice. I am one of the best book designers. I was awarded prizes by two governors. Mastery doesn't come from the ceiling. It takes years to find your thread. Secondly, it is imperative to give additional time before publication - the wine must be infused. Week, second week. During this time, you will not once notice roughness, but you have two weeks to correct it): Do not rush to publish. Secondly, very often be in nature, merge with every blade of grass and petal. you must learn to feel. Thirdly, and most importantly, admire other people's work. Try to copy good works: absorb the smallest details, because they are very important, they give life to your project. Invest in your project your energy. And, most importantly, don't make the product boring. A designer is first and foremost an artist. And then everything else. Tip number 4 - make multiple mockups of your product. You must test all four layouts on "customers". If you really like layout number 2, it does not mean that it will work "as a key". The human mind is a strange thing. It is likely that the layout that you least like will become the key one.
Savannah Scott
Create a strong brand identity and design a visually appealing product.
Gal Shkedi
Make sure to test it on many platforms as possible, so see that you don't have design issues when dealing with screen sizes. It is recommended to do a soft launch before the big launch and to get as many feedback as you can from your users, it is highly recommended to do it with real design partners, people that are your target audience, potential client etc'. There is nothing like a real feedback from real users. But I think the most important thing is to launch...we can stuck on the whiteboard phase for ever and fine tune our products forever, we need to jump into the water and understand that once real users will start using our products, only than we will start getting the most valuable feedback. Good luck
Igor Lysenko
I am not a designer, but I have my own product. My advice to such people is to do a couple of rallies with other people and make a list where these people will answer questions about your site or product. The main thing is that a large percentage of new people like your product externally.
Heleana Grace
To add to what everyone else said, I think A/B testing is another great way to make sure you nailed the right design before you launch your product. From my experience, it's very straightforward and doesn't take a lot of time, so more people might be eager to help you out. You might have a certain vision but it may not translate well in the design, so having a different pair of eyes give you feedback is a must.
Shajedul Karim
ah, the crucial time before the product meets the world, when designers dance on the stage of possibilities. here's a handful of key steps to contemplate on: 1. user empathy: live and breathe your users' world. understand their pain points, their dreams, their paths. a user-centric design roots in empathy and blooms in user satisfaction. 2. prototype and iterate: sculpt your design in clay before it's cast in bronze. iterative prototyping invites a wealth of feedback, refinement opportunities, and a chance to catch the overlooked. 3. a/b testing: let the users be your guide. experiment with different designs, evaluate their responses, refine your approach. a/b testing offers data-driven insights to inform your design decisions. 4. consistency: maintain a design language that’s consistent across all interfaces. it’s the symphony of your brand, a familiar rhythm that users intuitively dance to. 5. accessibility: design for all. consider the diverse ways people interact with your product. accessibility isn’t just about being inclusive, it’s about amplifying your reach and impact. 6. loading speed: in our fast-paced digital world, every second counts. optimize your design for quick loading - a sleek, efficient design earns user love. 7. scalability: consider the journey ahead. your design should be flexible, ready to scale and adapt as your product and user base grows. 8. document: keep a clear, comprehensive design documentation. it’s the guidebook for your team, a map that charts the 'why' and 'how' of your design choices. and, the design isn’t just about aesthetics, it’s about crafting experiences. as you embark on the pre-launch design journey, hold close the mantra - design for the users, with the users. wishing you all the best with BeforeSunset AI!
James Ricks
Launching soon!
@mervetarayici Set up a client/user feedback loop to launch along with the product. The first days/weeks/months post-launch can provide priceless feedback that often just goes unseen because of all the hype from launching.
Carol Andrews
Le, someone who has ADD or ADHD and dyslexic or many of the other learning difficulties take a little look at it , the thing is, we are all far from the silly actually over intelligent, how we process things is completely different to how a lot of peoples brains work. so if yr launch is a product for all, we will see and notice all the things that you guys do notion pick up on that could of made then that little bit more user friendly and u may notion notice until quite away down the line!🫶🏻🫶🏻
Mila Dymnikova
Make sure you have product tracking! Record how people are using your product. ✨✨ I’m offering product analytics workshops for early adopters of mini digital, I can take your team step by step of what to track and what metrics to set. Let me know if you’re interested 🤗 https://mini.digital/
Bud Broesky
make sure self-serve is intuitive and clear