What is your strategy for setting weekly goals on Mondays?

Abdul Rehman
30 replies
Hello, Product Hunt community! I hope you're all having a fantastic Monday so far! I'm seeking your valuable insights and advice on managing and targeting tasks for the week ahead. As we dive into a new week, I aim to optimize my productivity and achieve my goals effectively. With that in mind, I'd love to hear your strategies and tips for: Prioritizing tasks: How do you determine which tasks should take precedence over others? What methods do you use to avoid feeling overwhelmed with a long to-do list? Time management: How do you stay on track with your schedule and avoid procrastination? Are there any tools or techniques you find particularly helpful? Setting achievable targets: What's your approach to setting realistic goals for the week? How do you strike a balance between challenging yourself and ensuring attainable outcomes? Handling unexpected obstacles: When unexpected challenges arise during the week, how do you adapt your plans and keep moving forward? Reflecting on progress: Do you have any practices for reviewing your accomplishments at the end of the week and learning from any setbacks? I greatly appreciate your insights and experiences, and many others in the community would also benefit from your advice. Let's make this upcoming week a productive and successful one together! Thank you all in advance for your contributions, and I look forward to your responses. Happy hunting! 🚀

Replies

Justin McGill
What works best for me is breaking down big tasks into smaller actionable steps. This way, I can track my progress more effectively and stay motivated throughout the week.
@elijah_harris You welcome, Best of luck for this week 👍
Muhammad Ali
I start by reviewing my long-term objectives and then break them down into smaller, actionable tasks. It helps me stay organized and maintain a clear direction for the entire week.
@dev_concerns This approach of dividing big objectives into smaller tasks is truly effective. It greatly helps me in accomplishing many goals of mine. Keep up the fine work ✌
Stephanie
I write down my weekly task and prioritize which one is more important, but also have a balance to set realistic goals. For me, Having a work-life balance makes me more productive! Right now my top priority is our product launch today! So excited!
@pixel_dust Best of luck with your product launch today! It sounds like an exciting and significant milestone. I hope it goes smoothly and brings you great success. Remember to celebrate your achievements, both big and small, along the way. Keep up the fantastic work! 😊
Sadam Ali
It's helpful to hear different strategies and tips from fellow Product Hunt members and incorporate them into our own work routine. Let's keep the discussion going and share our experiences and insights to make this upcoming week a productive and successful one together!
@shah_sahil agree! Sharing strategies and tips among Product Hunt members is an excellent way to discover new approaches and improve our own work routines. Collaboration and learning from each other's experiences and insights can significantly impact our productivity and success.
Lisa Jackson
I set weekly goals on Mondays by prioritizing tasks according to their impact, breaking down larger tasks into manageable pieces, and maintaining flexibility for unexpected changes, while always keeping an eye on my overall vision for success.
Cyril Gupta
I don't really write down goals for the week. I make 1-2 strong outcomes ready but I do write down goals for every single day.
💪 Struggled with ADHD my whole life, but 🚀 GTD methodology changed everything! Now, I pick just 3 major tasks daily and stay focused till they're done.
Harry Martinez
I break down my big goals into smaller tasks and distribute them throughout the week. Don't set too many tasks for Monday. It's about smart planning, not overloading. Chill vibes and steady progress, mate.
Irina Ivashchinenko
I don't set weekly goals, usually they are based on a quarterly goal.
Oleg Eltsov
Just write all your goals in a notebook in the morning :)
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
Here's a worksheet I created for a few clients: https://docs.google.com/document... It helps you list and prioritize your tasks for the week. Feel free to make a copy!
Nick Anisimov
My goal setting strategy is based on year, quarter, and month goals, so one task flows out of the other.
Anthony Santos
I guess my first strategy is to take an hour or two on Sunday instead of Monday, that way I can hit the ground running at the start of the week. I find it to increase my productivity for the week knowing what I'm heading into in the morning. Some other things to consider for setting goals: - Retrospect your previous week's progress & reprioritize what's important for the week ahead. - Create a brain dump on the action items you need to complete and stack rank them. - Document your goals - add dependencies to each goal (as in 'what do I need to get done in order for this goal to be complete') - Add deadlines to your goals, know which ones can be done with little effort and which ones will require multiple weeks to complete. - Review them each night; as you mention that unexpected challenges arise throughout the week, make sure you keep inventory of how those things can affect your progress each day & adjust accordingly. - Have an accountability buddy to keep track of progress. doesn't have to be a teammate but should be someone who is focused on completing goals as well. Hope this all helps!
Sophia Watt
Take note of your top 3 daily goals. ... Choose a day to start your weekly plan. ... Take help from your calendar for scheduling. ... Create a weekly checklist. ... Leave enough space for unplanned events. ... Make sure your plan is realistic. ... Create, follow, repeat.
Arbaaz
Keep Sunday free, review and and plan over the weekend Keep buffer zones in between hours and days like DEEP WORK DND days
Ruben Lozano
Hey! I guess it is not really meaningful to create a goal every week... I guess that is because you don't have a long-term strategy. If you know what is your objective for the next 3 months, you setup goals for the next 3 months and basically every week you just execute the actions to reach those goals in QX.
amanah alfian
stay consistent and persistent, moreover keep it simple because, complexity is the enemy of consistency