What is your opinion on cold emailing?

Anil Matcha
37 replies

Replies

Shashi
Hi bro, I have a small suggestion for you. If you post a question to this community, at least try to interact with them instead of simply posting a question daily. I have noticed that you regularly add posts, but I have never seen any interaction from you.
Cyril Gupta
I think it works for some industries which are not over-exposed to cold-emails but could fail for SAAS or other similar digital focused businesses that are buried under cold-emails. As far as I am concerned personally, I don't mind cold-emails. I read them when I can, but I don't like cold-outreach messages.
Juan Wood
I believe cold emailing can be a powerful tool when done respectfully and with research, turning it into a personalized approach that can open doors to untapped opportunities.
Kunal Mehta
Cold emailing can be an effective strategy when used strategically and respectfully. It allows for direct outreach to potential customers or collaborators. However, it's crucial to personalize the emails and ensure they provide value to the recipient. Mass, generic emails are often ignored and can damage a brand's reputation. A well-crafted cold email should be concise, relevant, and personalized to the recipient's needs or interests. It's also important to respect privacy laws and give recipients the option to unsubscribe. Overall, cold emailing can be a valuable tool when executed thoughtfully and ethically.
Guillaume C
The conversion rate is really low but of course, it's an acquisition channel you should use to target specific potential clients
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
Cold emailing can be a hit or miss, but with a thoughtful approach, it's like sliding into someone's DMs with a purpose - make it personal, valuable, and impossible to resist.
Claire Shaw
I think it depends on the email - if it's obviously a copy and pasted thing that's gone out to hundreds of people, I immediately delete it. But if it's personalised, like it's had some research done behind it into you and your company, I at least give it the time of day.
Ailsa Williamson
Cold emailing can be an effective strategy for reaching out to new prospects and generating leads, but it's best suited for businesses with a clear target audience and a well-crafted message that provides value and relevance to recipients.
Samir Tushar
People with success in cold emailing say that it is game of patience, like SEO.
Indu Thangamuthu
From sender's end... it works only for some industries. Def. not for all. From receiving end... I don't open.
Gaurav Prasad
I think cold emailing is still one of the best outreach method. Technology has changed every other form of communication but emails have stood the test of time.
Nick Anisimov
It depends a lot on the country and corporate etiquette. In some countries, all communication goes through messengers, and mail is perceived very strangely, but in other countries exactly the opposite. I think, a well-written letter always works.
Soner Alemdar
Hyper-personalized and ''persona'' research base one are converting!
Diana Washington
It's a tricky game. Can work well if personalized and non-spammy.
Fahad Ahmed Shah
Cold emailing does work. However, you should take a strategic approach while sending cold emails rather than sending email blasts randomly. Use CRMs to segment your users, personalize your emails, and send tailored emails to your users according to the segment they belong to. We have created an AI-Powered Email Marketing Product that precisely does this. In fact, it is launching here on the 9th. Do check it out and hit the notify button if you like it.
Frank Sondors
The short answer is it works if done right. That's why I've built salesforge.ai
Lavanya Snigdha
Cold emailing works if you have the right strategy. I've been running cold outreach for a few years and here's what has worked for me: - Do not send hundreds of templated emails to a contact book - Take the ABM approach. Research your ICP and personalise each email to their org and requirements - Keep your cadences short, no more than 3 emails before you move on - Include video in your email to generate interest, convey value, and your pitch (include the word 'Video' in the subject line) - Do a mixture of Email and LinkedIn outreach My team and I built Show keeping this exact requirement in mind. We wanted to effectively replace Mailchimp, Braze, Intercom, and the rest.
Digital Gang
it depends and varies from industry to industry, but you have to remain calm and collected through the process. give 'real' value to recipients, you'll grow your subscriber base slowly. this is a tested mantra.
Emilia Vicini
@hf_kadre take a look at this discussion!
Axel Wikner
I agree with@cyriljeet. I would also add that if you're facing a lot of competition and you can't automate it someway, it's not worth the resources.